Round 2 2vs2 tournament

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

MrQuiet

Round 2 2vs2 tournament

Post by MrQuiet »

Score at official completion of Round1

Edit: Scoreing Change
SU players who reach East vs West will gain +5 points at completion of east East vs West game.
This is because of the severe unballanced nature of East vs West I dont want to see any SU players score negetive points.

*Haudrauf1962* is listed twice.
Where *Haudrauf1962 is listed with * indicates his new position as a replacement for Dobelin(MIA)
Sandman has replaced MikeMcmann(MIA) and starts round 2 with same AAR points as his partner
Gkar has replaced Avatar47(MIA) and starts round 2 with same AAR points as his partner

Team--Players--------------------------Team Score
A) MrQuiet/Gkar---------------------------120
B) Marshall Art/Sandman------------------40
C) *Haudrauf1962*/BoerWar------------40
D) kondor/Dahnyul------------------------40
E) Haudrauf1962/fcam1387-------------(-40)
F) rjh1971/a511---------------------------70
G) Polonthi/tica----------------------------10

Player----------------1/2 TeamScore------AAR pts-------EastvsWest pts----Individual Score
01) MrQuiet------------------60-------------11.25-------------------0------------------71.25
02) Gkar----------------------60--------------11.25-----------------0-------------------71.25
03) Marshall Art-------------20---------------9--------------------0--------------------29
04) Sandman----------------20---------------9---------------------0-------------------29
05) *Haudrauf1962*------20--------------8.25--------------------0------------------28.25
06) BoerWar----------------20-------------12.25--------------------0------------------32.25
07) Kondor------------------20--------------7.5---------------------0-------------------27.5
08) Dahnyul-----------------20--------------6.25-------------------0-------------------26.25
09) Haudrauf1962----------(-20)-----------(-2.75)---------------0-------------------(-22.75)
10) fcam1387---------------(-20)------------(-5)-------------------0-------------------(-25)
11) rjh1971-------------------35--------------9.5------------------(0)-------------------44.5
12) a511----------------------35--------------0.25------------------15------------------50.25
13) Polonthi-------------------5--------------3.25-----------------(0)--------------------8.25
14) tica------------------------5--------------(-.25)-----------------15--------------------19.75

Round 2
#------Ger--------------------JP----------------RU/CH------------WA-----------------Date
01) BoerWar-------------Haudrauf1962------Dahnyul---------Kondor------------Substantial Axis Victory
02) Dahnyul--------------Kondor--------------Tica--------------Polonthi-----------Substantial Allied Victory
03) Tica-------------------Polonthi-------------a511-------------rjh1971-------------Allied Marginal Victory
04) a511------------------rjh1971-------------Sandman--------MarshallArt---------1943
05) Sandman------------MarshallArt----------Gkar-------------MrQuiet-------------1944
06) Gkar------------------MrQuiet-------------BoerWar---------Haudrauf1962-----1944
MrQuiet

RE: Round 2 2vs2 tournament

Post by MrQuiet »

Dobeln 
Image Last Login 4/29/2007 4:48:44 PM

I think it is a safe bet that Dobeln has gone the way of MIA.
If anyone is interested in becomeing the replacement for Dobeln post here or email me at MrQuiet67@yahoo.com

-MrQuiet
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Game haudrauf_fcam vs rjh_a511 has finished, ww2 decisive victory for allies, ww3 AV for WA.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

MrQuiet any updates on the second round?
Are you on holidays?
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

ORIGINAL: rjh1971

MrQuiet any updates on the second round?
Are you on holidays?

Sorry about that.
All scores and matchups have been updated.
There has also been a change to the way WWIII is scored.

(Edit July28 2007) Due to the unbalanced nature of a wwIII continuation game I have cut the East West points in half

Points for East vs West
- Decisive Victory: +15
- Substantive Victory: +10
- Marginal Victory: +7.5
- Draw: +5
- Marginal Defeat: +2.5
- Substantive Defeat: 0
- Decisive Defeat: -5

MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

The scoreboard has been updated today.

Note:
*Haudrauf1962* is listed twice.
Where *Haudrauf1962 is listed with * indicates his new position as a replacement for Dobelin(MIA)
as opposed to his old position/score which had knocked his team out of the tourney.

Thanks to all the players who are hanging in there for what will no doubt be a long tournament.

One game left in Round 1.
The turn is apparently stuck with Avatar47.
Still working to correct the situation.

-MrQuiet

MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

I have received the following email from Avatar47:
Since I still can't really decide what I want to do, it's better that I not keep anyone else waiting. If it means anything anymore, I'm truly sorry.

-Alex

Avatar47 says he has lost interest in AWD.
He did send me his password though and I am going to finish the round 1 game with it so I at least know how to score Polinthi/Tica.

If someone would like to take over Avatar47 in this tournament PM or Email me.
If no one takes his place by Saturday then our Team will be elliminated and the teams in the list above and below us will be scheduled to play each other.

MrQuiet

GKar

Post by GKar »

I'd take over if you don't mind and there's nobody further up the waitlist.
MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

ORIGINAL: GKar

I'd take over if you don't mind and there's nobody further up the waitlist.

Your in Gkar, I will email you the details.

-Gkar

PS. the remaining turn or 2 in round 1 is version 1.010. Do you still have that version?
GKar

Post by GKar »

ORIGINAL: MrQuiet

Your in Gkar, I will email you the details.

-Gkar

PS. the remaining turn or 2 in round 1 is version 1.010. Do you still have that version?
Hmm, I might have it somewhere, but creating a new 1.010 installation for a turn or two seems a little overdone. Just finish round 1 on your own if you don't mind, and I'll jump in for round 2.
Marshall Art

Post by Marshall Art »

I suggest that before new (replacement) players are let in they should (at least verbally) commit to stay in the tourney until the end - whether that will be in 12 months or even later... I feel it is kind of disappointing that so many initially excited players have disappeared. I takes away much of the fun of this tourney if we are more busy trying to keep this thing going rather than actually play. I think I played 3 turns in the last 3 months or so [:(].  
MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

Round 1 is officialy completed.
All scores have been updated.
Replacement players for MIA players have been awarded the same AAR points as there partner since they did not have the chance to score there own AAR points before they took over. This rule will carry on throught the rest of the tournament.

I want to say thanks to all players that are hanging in there and I hope they have enjoyed the expierence so far.
A few games in Round 2 are nearing East vs West which means we should be moving into round 3 soon.

I am willing to take votes/comments on whether we want to change the scenario in round3 now that we have all had a chance to play each world power in the UV scenario.
kondor

Post by kondor »

ORIGINAL: MrQuiet

I am willing to take votes/comments on whether we want to change the scenario in round3 now that we have all had a chance to play each world power in the UV scenario.

I am for total war scenario... East vs West makes this long tournament even longer (and is kind of unbalanced. It is not the same for SU how GE&Japan plays it. Do they both attack SU and when... Later on even if SU manages to survive it will be massacred by WA for example...)
And most fun is anyway in 2vs2 game...
Just mine 2 cents.
GKar

Post by GKar »

To be honest I never cared about the whole East vs. West business in AWD. It doesn't look like much more than a "Buy me! Really!" gadget to me.

I don't have that much experience with UV yet, but I prefer it to Total War because of the victory points in the Pacific. But maybe they're a bridge too far for the average Japanese player anyway.

Will round 3 be played with the newest beta patch, by the way?
MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

ORIGINAL: GKar

Will round 3 be played with the newest beta patch, by the way?

Round 3 will definately be with the latest version.

I would have to say I prefer the UV over Total War for the same reason you stated about the Pacific being worth more, thus giving the Japanese player more options.
Marshall Art

Post by Marshall Art »

I would opt for the stock UV scenario since the GG and UV 2.0 are still betas and there is a different thread (incl. tourney) for those. I would hate to see the tourney wrecked by some unfortunate bug that could appear in the betas. The stock UV version even in V1.02 should at least be more stable even if the improvements of GG or UV 2.0 are interesting.

The inclusion of the East vs. West scenario I would support simply for consistency reasons - otherwise the bonus points for those players who were lucky enough to be already WA in an Allied victory would have an advantage. It is more like a bonus for those who have achieved an Allied victory - in round 1, only 2 Allied DVs and one marginal vs. 4 Axis AVs. And - the bonus scenario can be played in parallel to the next round as it has no effect on the team roster.

If it finds a bigger support we can play the stock East vs. West scenario since it indeed gives the Russian player at least a small chance. Also the Loosing (i.e. Russian) player should not be punished by getting a -5 for a loss, as his score in the bonus scenario would diminish the good performance in the WW2 scenario. Rather the whole points table for the bonus scenario should be shifted up by 5 points so none of the Allied players looses points but if he wins the E/W or at least manages to get a marginal loss he gets a few points.

+ an AAR also nets in a couple of bonus points [:)]

Points for East vs West (suggested)
- Decisive Victory: +15 --> 20
- Substantive Victory: +10 --> 15
- Marginal Victory: +7.5 --> 12.5
- Draw: +5 --> 10
- Marginal Defeat: +2.5 --> 7.5
- Substantive Defeat: 0 --> 5
- Decisive Defeat: -5 --> 0
MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

All very good points Marshall Art.
I dont like seeing the SU player lose points in the E vs W either.
I wonder if it would be better to shift +5 points for only SU in E vs W since WA allready has huge advantage?

MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

Edit: Scoreing Change
SU players who reach East vs West will gain +5 points at completion of east East vs West game.
This is because of the severe unballanced nature of East vs West I dont want to see any SU players score negetive points.

Scores have been adjusted for this change.
Marshall Art

Post by Marshall Art »

Hi everybody - with MrQuiet no longer here [:(][:(][:(] this tourney seems to be at a junction: Three games from round 2 are still open, but with MrQ out two seem to go no where. There is one Round 3 game in full progress with one other already begun.

BTW - which version of the game are you using in the Round 3 games already started, which scenario?

I would be willing to take over the upkeep of this tourney but need a lifesign from the rest of you if there is any interest left to continue. From what I see A511, rjh1971, Polonthi, tica, Sandeman and myself seem to be active - how about Haudrauf1962, BoerWar and GKar?

Not sure how to score the games in which MrQ participated - it appears that at least in one game he would be in the winning team, but on the other hand the Team MrQ/GKar did not finish both of their games. I would lean towards allowing GKar and any new partner he may find to continue into Round 3, counting both games as a draw, unless others disagree. I saw kondor out there(?). Otherwise both opposing teams get a win but without WWIII.

Please post your thoughts here.
GKar

Post by GKar »

Too bad MrQuiet seems to have disappeared. I sent several emails but didn't get a response. [:(]
Even worse that it happened just a few turns before both of our games are finished.

As for the Tourney, I would like to continue if there was a replacement for MrQuiet as my partner.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”