Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided - Free update

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

avgard

Re: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided - Free update

Post by avgard »

I have the same problem. Cannot utilize the update and cannot save pbm games. It also says I need the old update 1.040 before I can use latest update.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Do you have World at War, or World at War:A World Divided? What version of AWD do you have installed?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
RadmeisterB

Post by RadmeisterB »

I can't upgrade either. My version is 1.005 and is says that I need 1.040 before upgrade.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

avgard wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:19 am I have the same problem. Cannot utilize the update and cannot save pbm games. It also says I need the old update 1.040 before I can use latest update.
RadmeisterB wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:49 am I can't upgrade either. My version is 1.005 and is says that I need 1.040 before upgrade.
There is also a full installer that you can download on www.matrixgames.com. If you have a game registered for your account, you have this option.
WAW.JPG
WAW.JPG (146.46 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
jam30

Post by jam30 »

I'm running into the same issue. I've downloaded the patch, as a registered user, and run into a loop, says I need to update go to the website.......repeat and get the same message. Suggestions? I can't seem to utilize a full screen, went to settings and selected full screen and not getting it.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

jam30 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:25 am I'm running into the same issue. I've downloaded the patch, as a registered user, and run into a loop, says I need to update go to the website.......repeat and get the same message. Suggestions? I can't seem to utilize a full screen, went to settings and selected full screen and not getting it.
As I said, don’t download the patch. Download and use the full installer to reinstall.
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
RadmeisterB

Post by RadmeisterB »

Apparently mine is not registered and too old to do so.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

RadmeisterB wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:43 am Apparently mine is not registered and too old to do so.
Please contact support@matrixgames.com they should be able to help you.
CounterMarch

Post by CounterMarch »

I have my original install 1.04.

The "download" has version 1.059, but not 1.058. I need 1.058 for the 1.059 to install.

Went to "my page". North American server goes to an "error" page. European server is going to take 2 - 3 hours (!) to download.

Am I missing something?

Once the file finally downloads, are there still issues with the installation or do I just install right from the zip.

I started on this update b/c I have that scrolling issue and there is so much in the forums, I'm hoping that someone can point me to the endless, unstoppable scrolling solution. Of course it's unplayable until I can get that sorted out.

Thanks.
March and Counter March - the Austrian Survival Guide.
ReginaldBednar2

Post by ReginaldBednar2 »

Never, ever uber assume this Forum section is a complete waste of time:
1. I recommend a Japanese foot blitzkrieg with deliveries of Japanese Red Cross food and medicine packages, offering the Chinese people some hope of improving their STANDARDS of living. Portrait the Japanese Emperor as having a Divine Vision to include Chinese as "Worthy Yellow Aryans" with gifts of good will and having the Japanese Navy brains figuring out how to improve food production. This lowers slaughter points which don't generate strategic brownie points by default. This strategy works against the strong Mao/Generalisimo Pack. The Chinese people will now farm their lands as before but their non-starvation is guaranteed by Chinese leaders working on the farms themselves. The Chinese people will still not trust their enemy but the key is to have better trust than in their own leadership.

2. Assuming success, divert large components of the Japanese Army in China along the USSR border as a pinning device, without every stop leaking plans for various invasion schemes. Stalin has no desire towards China or Japan unless it is absolutely necessary, which it won't be.

3. Stalin will be forced to free Siberian captives in June 1941, including the KGB Russian Orthodox Church. He will probably also call Russian Navy experts to try to improved food production and start stock piling into canned and dry goods with long term storage capability, calling upon American expertise in exchange for T-34 tanks for the US Army. He will have to hold off liquidating Russian generals before their time

4. Hitler will then probably counter-react by actually delivering on the Be-Nice-To-the-Ukraine Policy realizing that the increased SPI cadre will help weed out the Russian cadre. He will also have to give up using murdering Jewish Folk as rallying points since they can wait until after the USSR falls, and all railroad engines and stock will be needed for the USSR "door". Also, he will also have temporarily use Jewish Folk on the Eastern Bank to help against partisans, and to use their skills (versus kills) more wisely in increasing armaments production along with the "undesirable" German womanhood.

5. FDR will then have to change gears about sacrificing General McArthur's command in the first few months of the war together with most of the American aircraft carriers, and talk to Congress in frequent and eloquent dialogue that he is famous for: the war stupid, the war stupid, read my lips, the war stupid. As a clincher, he would once offer his immediate resignation and discuss in front of Gentlemen the military planning qualifications of his vice president. He would also probably fetch General Marshall, his bosom buddy, and get him to resign as well. General Marshall will then get his bosom buddy, General McArthur to resign. Congress will then probably place General Eisenhower under oath to test his military qualifications, and if he would like to be the president of the US, in any case. General Eisenhower will than most probably get his bosom buddy General George Patton to help. General Patton will then explain in detail how Congress fornicates. FDR will then come back and all is forgiven.

6. Your game should have occasional realistic pleading, screaming, and cursing when major boo-boos occur, and absolutely no weapon sounds.

7. All parties will be able to research improved medical TOEs and research to see what effects that has on all other TOEs. This includes leader talks about trench foot, VD, going AWOL (L.W.O.A.), self-shooting, buddy-shooting, waiting for a machine to save you, loitering, rape, looting, not-having clean uniforms, ignoring TOEs, ignoring reinforcements, and especially ignoring replacements.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”