How do I best damage Amphibious HQ's

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

matchwood

How do I best damage Amphibious HQ's

Post by matchwood »

Hello, trying to figure out how I can accelerate damage to Amphibious HQ's.

Do I just assign tactical bombers and level bombers interdiction missions covering the hexes where they are based?

Thanks!
matchwood

Re: How do I best damage Amphibious HQ's

Post by matchwood »

Found the answer in the living manual. You can either do naval patrol on the Amphib hex to damage it and eventually destroy it or you can do naval patrol on the surrounding hexes.

17.3.12. SYNERGIES OF DIFFERENT AIR MISSIONS
Ground attack (other than of units and airbases) results in area interdiction that disrupts and reduces MP’s in units and damages freight (supplies) moving to and from depots, to include depots in permanent (city) and temporary ports (beachheads). Air recon can increase the impact of interdiction. Strategic (city) bombing and ground attack missions against ports lowers the effective port size, further reducing the flow of freight as well as impacting the amount of enemy naval interdiction being projected by that port. For blockading ports, friendly naval patrols can be powerful as a naval interdiction value of +2 or higher will result in the sea hex becoming friendly-controlled and the enemy being unable to trace supply through the hex. This tactic can be used to block ports from supplying troops and isolating units on islands (such as Sardinia or Corsica). Strategic bombing, ground attack and interdiction of rail yard hexes with depots can damage or destroy ground element equipment, to include equipment being sent to units as replacements.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”