Transfer a/c to Allies?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

JonS

Transfer a/c to Allies?

Post by JonS »

Kia ora folks,
I'm currently working my way through the long campaign as Nazis. I've found that I have an excess of middling Bf109s which I'd like to transfer to the Bulgarians and Romanians as they'd be a vast improvement on their IAR 81Cs and D.520s, but I can't find a way to transfer stocks of aircraft - or other hardware - between countries. The are a couple of references to a mysterious 'export function' in the manuals (e.g p.150, section 21.1.12 of the Living Manual), but they working of this function doesn't seem to actually be explained anywhere that I can find. I've also had a rummage around all the buttons and hot-text I can find in game, to no success.

Help?

Thanks
Jon
Denniss

Re: Transfer a/c to Allies?

Post by Denniss »

At various times Axis minor nations will receive a limited amount of aircraft from Germany. This is all defined in data and visible in editor if you load generic data there then switch to the aircraft tabs and look for like romanian 109s
JonS

Post by JonS »

Ah, ok. Thanks.

So, it's not something I can control or even influence as a player in-game.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

That's interesting, you can easily transfer air assets between UK and US commands. I think originally, there was a performance penalty, but that was revoked.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”