War in the East Q&A

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Telemecus

RE: Manual air attacks

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Karri
What do the command numbers in editor mean? I know these are some sort of hard-coded things for Axis armies, but what exactly? Objective tracks? And if so, could we get some information on them?

May need to screenshot which numbers you are referring to or tell us more specifically which numbers of the many?
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Karri

RE: Manual air attacks

Post by Karri »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

May need to screenshot which numbers you are referring to or tell us more specifically which numbers of the many?

Command Number, at the right corner.

I know it's a hard coded thing for AI thinking, but I want to know what exactly does it do. Like, a pre-planned objective path? Or maybe the orde rof armies from north to south?
Attachments
example.gif
example.gif (73.74 KiB) Viewed 751 times
caliss39

RE: War in the East Q&A

Post by caliss39 »

Playing Barbarossa and ever time the Russians use their air power it does some damage to my units. Every time I use my air power it never does any damage to them. I even got all my planes on just one of Russias unit and no damage what so ever. Whats the story.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”