@Richard: My message and session time got lost

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

MarkShot

@Richard: My message and session time got lost

Post by MarkShot »

Richard,

There are many ways to effect the total time of a session. My post got lost. I have been playing single day games to explore.

I have come to the conclusion for BOB 1940 LW that a longer session favors the RAF by up to 200%. I am not sure why that should be. I do understand multi-threaded race conditions and queued events in a simulation. I don't think it matters in SP, since you will tend to play consistent and if you find and use an exploit you are only cheating yourself. But it could matter in PBEM with humans and egos.

Many games use RNG with a seed created at game start, thus outcomes are reproducible at any session length. This is a requirement for both PBEM and a replay function which I suspect is not really a recording.

Comments?
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
MarkShot

Re: @Richard: My message and session time got lost

Post by MarkShot »

Richard,

You never commented on this. But part of the reason I was to set up rapid testing of different approaches.

Actually, for educational purposes, the ability to create a single day or less but no only writing your raids but the OPFORs available defenses would be a fantastic tool. So, I might be able to go into the British side and see lists of CHL/H, Flak, and squadrons and check which are to be active or not. Thus, it was be easy to test develop strategies. (Of course, there is always the potential for too easy; in sense of exploit discover) But developing good technique is very hard in this game.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
simovitch

Re: @Richard: My message and session time got lost

Post by simovitch »

Mark,
Honestly I didn't respond because I have no idea what you are talking about ;) . In the programing world I'm just a caveman, I fell into a crevasse and was unfrozen by some of your scientists... and your world frightens and confuses me.
simovitch

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”