How to redeem Steam keys

Shock Force 2 brings you to a hypothetical conflict in Syria between the forces of NATO and the Syrian Army. Play either on WeGo or Real Time in an incredibly detailed and realistic 1:1 tactical simulation.
AlbertoC

How to redeem Steam keys

Post by AlbertoC »

Hi guys,

We’re very pleased to be working with Battlefront and know many of you are eagerly anticipating the release of Combat Mission. We wanted to give you some details on how things will work and both teams will do their best to make this process as painless as possible for you all to get your games working on Steam.

·Steam keys will be available once the game is released on Steam to anybody who purchased the game, no matter where they purchased. All users will get steam keys by creating an account with Matrix/Slitherine to redeem a steam key. The reason for this is Matrix already have a process to distribute the keys and Battlefront didn’t and it would have been a lot of work for them to create such as system so it felt simpler to use a system that already works. Sorry for the inconvenience of anyone who needs to create an account because of this.

·Once you have an account you can redeem Steam keys in the normal way by following these instructions - https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 58&t=93585

·Note that if you bought a bundle from Battlefront you will only have one serial for all the games in the bundle. To redeem all the pieces of your bundle as Steam keys you will need to register that serial for each part of the bundle. E.g. if you purchased the base game and British Forces bundle you would register that serial twice, once to the base game and once to the DLC. Each will generate a unique Steam key for that piece of content on Steam and must be redeemed on Steam separately.

·When purchasing a bundle on Matrix/Slitherine you will receive a serial for each part separately.

·The versions on Matrix, Battlefront and Steam are identical apart from some minor changes to make the game compatible with Steam. Steam requires all the game content to be in the install folder so the placement of some files will be different to the Battlefront version but this is all behind the scenes and the features are identical. Multiplayer is possible between versions.

·Customers who buy from Matrix/Slitherine will have access to the Matrix installer and a Steam key. Customers who buy from Battlefront will have access to the Battlefront version and Steam key. Matrix/Slitherine customers will not have access to the Battlefront version and vice versa.

·Any Steam key redemption issues should be reported to the Matrix forum, as Battlefront are not able to help with that.

·Other tech support should be requested at your point of purchase but both companies will try and help out anyone who has an issue if they can. Obviously any order issues can only be investigated by the site you purchased from as neither company has access to that kind of info for the other.

·If you have any questions or problems please let us know and we will do our best to help.

EDIT:

We are still finalising how the conversion system will work so there might be a few issues. If you are having any trouble please report it back to us. We are working hard to try and give all existing customers the ability to register their game with us.
demyansk

RE: How to redeem Steam keys

Post by demyansk »

I have the shock force 2 game from battlefront, I can get a Steam Key?
rgamba66

Post by rgamba66 »

That is great news!!

I just registered my CMSF big bundle upgrade code which updated my base game SF1 and all my modules to SF2 but it is not giving me a steam key.

Are we meant to register SF1 and the the separate upgrade we purchased to SF2 - if so, there is no entry for these 2 options.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best

Robert
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Just registered the BFC key and it was accepted for CMSF 2 bundle. But MyPage on Matrix says there are no downloads and no Steam key available.
oaltinyay

Post by oaltinyay »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Just registered the BFC key and it was accepted for CMSF 2 bundle. But MyPage on Matrix says there are no downloads and no Steam key available.

same problem ...
PIfOS

Post by PIfOS »

ORIGINAL: oaltinyay

ORIGINAL: thewood1

same problem ...

me too.
UrineJoeGarin

Post by UrineJoeGarin »

And another one :(
melm

Post by melm »

Me too. I registered my base game and three modules successfully on Slitherine website, but it just shows me that the steam key is not available. Neither do I have the access to the download files.
JensLeugengroot

Post by JensLeugengroot »

ORIGINAL: melm

Me too. I registered my base game and three modules successfully on Slitherine website, but it just shows me that the steam key is not available. Neither do I have the access to the download files.

Same here.
Jens
Nico165b165

Post by Nico165b165 »

Same here too
Mikecat0

Post by Mikecat0 »

I realize this is the first day and there are bound to be problems, but you asked for notification of any problems. So here are mine:
(1) I used my Battlefront license key to register Shock Force 2 with Matrix, it worked but it said there was no Steam key.
(2) I originally bought the overall upgrade bundle from Battlefront, so I got a license key for Shock force 2, but all the DLCs (Marines, British, NATO) used the license keys from Shock Force 1. When I tried to register them in Matrix per instructions, I got three messages that said all the license keys were invalid. I don't have any other keys for the DLCs, so I don't know how to register them.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Just started working
Mikecat0

Post by Mikecat0 »

Yep. Problem 1 is solved. My game is now on Steam. But...
I still cannot register the DLCs. it continues to say that my license keys from Shock Force 1 are invalid.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I had to select the DLC, then enter the CMSF2 serial from the bundle. That worked.
UrineJoeGarin

Post by UrineJoeGarin »

Thanks for fixing it guys! [:)]
JensLeugengroot

Post by JensLeugengroot »

When I redeemed the keys in steam, should I see only the base game in my library or the DLCs as well?
Jens
melm

Post by melm »

Thanks for fixing. Already enjoying the game.
Stevescott346

Post by Stevescott346 »

It says my Battlefront key is not recognised

Return to “Combat Mission Shock Force 2”