TLD Outastanding Bugs

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
Tejszd

RE: TLD Outastanding Bugs

Post by Tejszd »

The players should all have the same CC and mod version.

Correct, that the HE111 in the mod has only a hull weapon and no turret weapons.

I'll ask who gets the error message.

mooxe

Post by mooxe »

IIRC client crashes to desktop, host freezes and eventually gets disconnection message. No other specific errors noted.
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Got it, thanks Mooxe. If so that confirms the crash was on the client side, which is helpful information.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Additional Multiplayer H2H GC issue on 2 maps after both sides decided to rest, it split the maps ownership into 3 vertical slices;

Edit: just learned the Germans got to the maps by switching to single player; "I disband all the BGs in SP until only those maps remain"
Attachments
H2HGCMap..terRest.jpg
H2HGCMap..terRest.jpg (156.16 KiB) Viewed 614 times
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Here is a couple saved game files to assist with trouble shooting.

Remove the .jpg to open the zip file.
Attachments
MeuseH2H..rman.zip.jpg
MeuseH2H..rman.zip.jpg (474 KiB) Viewed 614 times
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Both the French and German sides are saying that BG's do not seem to be regaining Cohesion consistently during the H2H GC. But when they tested the same saved game as a single player the BG's regained cohesion properly....
mooxe

Post by mooxe »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Both the French and German sides are saying that BG's do not seem to be regaining Cohesion consistently during the H2H GC. But when they tested the same saved game as a single player the BG's regained cohesion properly....

Crackwise and I received mixed results when playing through an entire turn of Meuse. It did seem more often then not cohesion was healed noticeably for resting BGs when the turn completed. Maybe some healing was not noticeable due to the amount of levels to cohesion bar has. There is possibly 10 levels with very small increments.

When playing our GC trading the save file from person to person, there is zero cohesion healing.

In single player healing is works and is consistent.

When playing with my two PCs via LAN, healing works and is consistent.

I am wondering if its possible that trading the save game file between players is the problem. There is a mix of Steam/Matrix versions being used as well. We've all confirmed were running the same patch level.
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: mooxe
When playing our GC trading the save file from person to person, there is zero cohesion healing.

What is the procedure for passing the save file between players? Does one player on each side handle the strategic map? At what point do they save the game to pass it to other players?

mooxe

Post by mooxe »

In our GC the Axis are hosting exclusively. There are more than two Axis player hosting the file.

The game is generally saved after each battle, or series of battles if a player plays more than one. Once saved the file is uploaded to a repository (Discord), and downloaded by the next person (Axis) to host.

For strategic moves, Axis host, and it is always the same person. As client for Allies it could be up to four different people, there is no consistency here.
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

The deployment issue was a pain/surprise but at least it isn't doesn't seem to occur near as much as the air support crashes.

TLD Crash To Desktop Bugs
- 0:00 timer sometimes causes a crash
There has been some but not near as many as the air support crash.

- Air support sometimes causes a crash; example report tm.asp?m=3187893
Was chatting with STIENER on Discord and heard that they happen in LSA too. The mod team discussed getting rid of air/not using it in LSA GJS. In the next Meuse I think I'll reduce the amount of air support so there is less crashes in Meuse Mod. Steve, have you been able to find anything?

- morale break
In the TLD Meuse H2H team grand campaign morale has been turned off.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd
- Air support sometimes causes a crash; example report tm.asp?m=3187893
Was chatting with STIENER on Discord and heard that they happen in LSA too. The mod team discussed getting rid of air/not using it in LSA GJS. In the next Meuse I think I'll reduce the amount of air support so there is less crashes in Meuse Mod. Steve, have you been able to find anything?

My initial code review and testing (single and multiplayer) didn't reproduce the crash. I'll look at the client side specifically when I get a chance to go back and look at TLD again, but that may be a week or so.

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Hopefully you find something as H2H players and mod makers are avoiding use support because of how often crashes occur.

On the Close Combat Series website the mod lead/team for the current LSA GJS version has decided to no longer use air support in the mod; http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/mo ... 1941#91941

For TLD Meuse and the next release on LSA I'm going to reduce air support due the crashes during the TLD Meuse H2H campaign done by players on Discord.
mooxe

Post by mooxe »

Theres no crash to report here. There is a difference in how the airstrike hit on host/client side. Axis host in this example.

Source is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol7dFtdmvxs & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7kJYFv00-k

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/im ... ences1.png

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/im ... ences2.png

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Interesting -- thanks very much for the data. That's helpful.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Steve, did you find anything to explain why the air strikes aren’t are or get out sync for H2H?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Yes -- the airstrike weapons were being fired on the client when they shouldn't have been. It is possible this is the cause of the client-side crash people have been seeing but I can't be 100% certain. I've fixed it for the versions where it can occur (TLD, WAR, and LSA) but it may be a bit before an update is released.

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed this will make airstrikes more stable for H2H....

Also, I understand that these would need to get into the Matrix queue for packaging/release. Maybe a couple other fixes/tweaks could be added?

Ex. could the VL Ownership bar colors be configurable (R,G,B values) in Campaign.txt per side? Would love to change the colors so the French show a Blue bar.

Attachments
TLD Meuse Debrief VL.jpg
TLD Meuse Debrief VL.jpg (184.99 KiB) Viewed 609 times
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Not easily, unfortunately. The color used is from the color lookup table (CLUT) that is a resource in the EXE. You could use a resource editor to change it in the CLUT but that would effect every place in the UI where that shade of green is used, and require a modified EXE as part of your mod. The only other option would be for me to special case this one draw on this one screen and add code to check some external data file for a substitute color, which would be a fairly significant hack for this one thing.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thanks for the explanation.... Any other fixes and or small changes for mod makers that you might be able to add in with the air support fix would be appreciated.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

@ steve......any chance we can repair the respawning mechanism as per the manual, now if the BG is disbanded by player it self or disbanded from the map by your opponent , it can be respawn with no extra loss at all, This is not the description in the manual. [ TLD, WAR and LSA ]

Return to “Tech Support”