Unable to install Cross of Iron on Windows 7 64 bits (CD version)

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
Kovlovsky

Unable to install Cross of Iron on Windows 7 64 bits (CD version)

Post by Kovlovsky »

I bought the CD version of Cross of Iron a while back and it worked fine on my older computer on Windows XP. However, I've been entirely unable to install it on my laptop with Windows 7 64 bits and on my other desktop computer with the same windows. Basically, when I put the CD in my DVD drive (I had a DVD drive too on my older Windows XP computer), the autorun doesn't start. So, I instead used the Windows Explorer button to start the setup directly (the file is called CloseCombatCrossofIron-SetupReleaseVersion-v1DR). The drive sounds like it's reading the disk, but nothing happens even if I wait a few minutes. So, I have to close program through Ctrl + Alt + Delete.

I tried to right click and use the option to deal with compatibility issues. I checked that it worked on previous versions of Windows and that it needed special autorizations. I decided to run it with Windows XP Service Pack 3 and as an administrator. I got the same results. I tried again with Windows 98 compatibility, but it failed again. I tried on my other desktop computer that runs on Windows 7 64 bits too just in case that my DVD drive was the cause, but I got the exact same results. And I don't think that the trouble comes from the fact that the game is on a CD and not a DVD because I installed Close Combat II from the original CD I bought back in 1999 and it works fine by using compatibility with Windows 98. It works absolutely fine and without troubles.

I examined the CoI CD and it has no noticeable scratches on it and it doesn't seem to be damaged in any way. Do you have an idea on how I could resolve my problem? Thanks in advance.
zakblood

RE: Unable to install Cross of Iron on Windows 7 64 bits (CD version)

Post by zakblood »

login to your account here, in the members section, and register your game if you haven't in the past, and use the download version with your own SN
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Cross of Iron Support”