Max Resolution

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
jungelsj_slith

Max Resolution

Post by jungelsj_slith »

I have to run in win98 compatibility mode, otherwise the game does not start. From there, I can play, but the max resolution is 1280X1024 or so. My desktop goes up to 2560x1440. Any solution to running this at a higher res?
jungelsj_slith

RE: Max Resolution

Post by jungelsj_slith »

I should add - I've ran 3-4 of the other matrix CC games on this machine, no issues. CC2 being the oldest engine, I assume.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I would have to go back and double check the code for the CC3 / Cross of Iron engine, but I know later versions will support a maximum size larger than this. It may be an issue with the screen resolution being larger than the pixel size of the battle map, which the original engine did not handle (since such resolutions did not exist at the time.)

Note that even if you set the resolution super high, the UI screens are always at 800x600 resolution. You'll only benefit from the higher res when playing the tactical battles. Are you getting an error message if you try to go to a higher res?

Steve
jungelsj_slith

Post by jungelsj_slith »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire
Are you getting an error message if you try to go to a higher res?

Steve

Hi Steve

Higher resolution options just don't exist, they are not listed in the drop down.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Are you running on Windows 8 or 10? Both of these have limited support of the screen mode the original Close Combat engine uses (16 bit color full screen DirectX.) If the dialog does not show you any higher resolutions, then that is all Windows is telling the game is available. The video card, driver, monitor, or Windows itself is probably limiting what is possible.

Steve

Return to “Cross of Iron Support”