Moderator: Jason Petho

Crossroads

RE: Alan R. Arvold's Ode to Arab-Israeli Wars Scenario Pack

Post by Crossroads »

You're most welcome [:)]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < v1.30 Available Now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 < v2.30 Available Now (full reimage)
comte

Post by comte »

I am confused playing scenario 40 of this pack and it's a raid into Jordan by the Israeli's to fight PLO Terrorists but the description for scenario 40 is completely different and it involves Syrians instead of Jordanians. Am I missing something here?
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Aces8

I am confused playing scenario 40 of this pack and it's a raid into Jordan by the Israeli's to fight PLO Terrorists but the description for scenario 40 is completely different and it involves Syrians instead of Jordanians. Am I missing something here?

Hello Aces,

Hmm, I am not seeing that, with the version I have on my disk there's Jordanese and Pro-East PLO troops on the map.

This is the scenario description I am seeing:
[Kerama, Jordan]: [H2H] [HISB] [GD]: Elements of the Israeli1st "Golani" Infantry Brigade raid across the Jordan River toclear out Fedayeen guerilla bases, only to be met by units ofthe Jordanian 1st Infantry Division. [1.01]

Do you have the latest version of the Ode to AIW Scenario Pack? Wanna try redownloading it, and if you're still seeing this please send me the scenario files (org, map, scn), so I can check what's going on. Thanks!
---
comte

Post by comte »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Hello Aces,

Hmm, I am not seeing that, with the version I have on my disk there's Jordanese and Pro-East PLO troops on the map.

This is the scenario description I am seeing:
[Kerama, Jordan]: [H2H] [HISB] [GD]: Elements of the Israeli1st "Golani" Infantry Brigade raid across the Jordan River toclear out Fedayeen guerilla bases, only to be met by units ofthe Jordanian 1st Infantry Division. [1.01]

Do you have the latest version of the Ode to AIW Scenario Pack? Wanna try redownloading it, and if you're still seeing this please send me the scenario files (org, map, scn), so I can check what's going on. Thanks!

The Description of the scenario in the game is correct but the designer document that comes with the pack has a different description for scenario 40. From the latest upload above.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

The Description of the scenario in the game is correct but the designer document that comes with the pack has a different description for scenario 40. From the latest upload above.

Ah, that's right, good catch! I'll ask Alan about that.
---
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Actually, no need to ask Alan about anything, seems I've put an old version of the Design Notes into the Manual folder. See my posts #5 and #6 above: Scenario #40 is a bonus scenario of a sort for Ode to AIW IV, while the numbering for Ode to AIW V scenarios is off by one, so #40 should be #41 and so on.

I will fix this at some stage!

Edit: Fixed and uploaded, please download the Ode to AIW scenario pack again from the Opening Post [:)]
---
comte

Post by comte »

Actually, no need to ask Alan about anything, seems I've put an old version of the Design Notes into the Manual folder. See my posts #5 and #6 above: Scenario #40 is a bonus scenario of a sort for Ode to AIW IV, while the numbering for Ode to AIW V scenarios is off by one, so #40 should be #41 and so on.

I will fix this at some stage!

Edit: Fixed and uploaded, please download the Ode to AIW scenario pack again from the Opening Post [:)]

Thanks for fixing this. I am in the middle of a PBEM but I will update it when we finish.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

It is only the design notes that is updated. Just download the zip to another location, then cooy over the manual folder to your game folder if you want. No scenario changes whatsoever.
---
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Hello Crossroads,

Thank you for organizing this for us and also the Panzer Leader and PanzerBlitz scenarios for the Campaign Series.

I started with AH's Blitzkrieg when I was 15 and moved up to Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz along the way. Great Games!!
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: z1812

Hello Crossroads,

Thank you for organizing this for us and also the Panzer Leader and PanzerBlitz scenarios for the Campaign Series.

I started with AH's Blitzkrieg when I was 15 and moved up to Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz along the way. Great Games!!

Glad to hear you are enjoying them! I sure am [:)]

Panzer Leader was my first boardgame, bought it in 1984, with my friend buying Arab-Israeli Wars a few months later, played a lot of them at the time. [&o]
---
JWW

Post by JWW »

Hi. Looking for a quick scenario with low unit density, I tried playing Scenario #20 last night as the Israelis. And I found that the Egyptians would never land their commando teams. The result was that I drove my Israeli units straight to their exit point under helo fire, unable to shoot back. I was able to exit with low casualties, but of course that resulted in a loss on points, and it wasn't fun, though it only took just a few minutes to finish. The first time I rushed my tanks forward. I thought perhaps I didn't give the Egyptians AI time to set up its ambush. So I tried it a couple more times, the last time holding the Israelis for four turns at their entrance hex, with the same result. So I'm wondering is that a glitch in the scenario? Is it not meant to be played with an Egyptian AI? Was the AI smart enough to know it could get a win by not unloading any troops? Did I do something wrong? I'm running the latest version of the game Thanks.
scottintacoma

Post by scottintacoma »

The AI does not use Helicopters properly.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: scottintacoma

The AI does not use Helicopters properly.
Hi Scott,

it's being recognised and addressed. What's the version though? 2.00 or the 2.01?

tm.asp?m=3942519&mpage=22&#4487369

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
JWW

Post by JWW »

I'm running 2.01, and thanks for the replies.
scottintacoma

Post by scottintacoma »

Oberst, I am aware it is being fixed. I was just trying to explain his problems.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: scottintacoma

Oberst, I am aware it is being fixed. I was just trying to explain his problems.
Oops! I did oversee it was connected to Jason's 1st post. Sorry Scott.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

bump
---
Darrell999

Re: Alan R. Arvold's Ode to Arab-Israeli Wars Scenario Pack

Post by Darrell999 »

I just bought this now in 2023. I thought these were supposed to be included with the game now, but I don't see them anywhere. Where can I find these scenarios? Thanks!

EDIT: For anyone else with this question: Ok, I found them in the mods folder! ;)
Looked up instructions on how to set up JSGME mods, and it works!
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Hi Darrell999

Good, glad you found them!

Regards,
Big Ivan
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Assistant Forum Moderator for CS and CSx2 at The Blitz Wargaming Club.
Darrell999

Post by Darrell999 »

Thanks, Ivan!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”