Choosing regime

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Bombur

Choosing regime

Post by Bombur »

Where is the routine/event allowing to choose people in random games?
I want to include it in the Bombur mod.
Ormand

Re: Choosing regime

Post by Ormand »

If you use the mod to create random games, you can. The selection of peoples is connected to the random game generator, as well as climate options. So, if you create a masterfile to generate random games, it will pop automatically, as well as picking a climate. You will have to set up the people and their officers, towns, etc. You could do this via the rulevars as set up in ANewDawn or PhoenixGame, or you could use a stringlist to set up the peoples instead, as is done in Four Seasons. This way you can have as many peoples as you want.

As for a regular mod, i.e., scenario, I am not sure what you would like to do. I suppose placing regimes, and then letting players pick peoples at the startup. That is not so easy to do. You could try something with a variant, and then write events that would change the peoples and names of cities, etc.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

True, but I´m talking about the feature that allow you to select what peoples will appear in a random game. Up to know it happens only in Phoenix masterfile. I would like to implement it in the Bombur mod. It seems a new rulevar or event was added in Phoenix to allow for this
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

The regime settings screen, I mean
Attachments
Regime settings.jpg
Regime settings.jpg (11.67 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

There are several new rulevars in the "Enable/Disable Features" section that can apply to random games.

914 -- allow selection regime settings (people, names and flags)
919 -- Extend climate system to full North-South world (some 20 different worlds that can be selected)
920 -- Stringlist to define random peoples and regimes

Rulevar(920) > 0 bypasses the standard rulevar settings for regimes with a stringlist (it is the ID of the stringlist). The people have to be defined in the people screen of the editor. And it looks like this. With this, the sky is the limit, but you will also need to have leader portraits, etc. Also, if you add people, you need to add their city and capital names to the appropriate stringlists as defined in rulevars(440-443) and (500).
Attachments
stringlist.jpg
stringlist.jpg (47.51 KiB) Viewed 397 times
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Thank you a lot again. I used the regime selection and it worked very well.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”