GAMERS BEST SETUP FOR SPAIN

Post Strategy Guides and share gameplay tips here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

hellfirejet

GAMERS BEST SETUP FOR SPAIN

Post by hellfirejet »

Hello all,
These threads are for gamers to help improve the game, from there experience of individual Nation initial setups.Please help us by your input, so that we all can gain from your years of playing the game thank you all in advance.

IDEA BY iamspamus thanks Jason.
Implemented by me.[:)]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
obsidiandrag

RE: GAMERS BEST SETUP FOR SPAIN

Post by obsidiandrag »

Spain is the tight rope walker and must ALWAYS be mobile and quick to react!!!

if you set up on Portugal, set up from 2 different locations with one corps in each - to prevent getting beatten and having the lapse of war on entry into the country.  Morocco is always a good hit as you can not retreat OUT Of the country and will just go down the coast so one corps can usually take it.  The others I keep by ships - cadiz or any other port is good as a quick reaction force and can declare on Italy or Africa at a moments notice. 

Another recent strategy I am working with is setting up in Parma with a corps or 2 and taking northern italy from land - but you better have good relations with France and/or Austria so you dont accidentally declare on eachother.  Spain can always sail around to move troops unless fighting England in which case you dont have to fight that many troops anyway.

MAIN THING - for me I do not like to load all the red cities with inf garrisons!!!!!  Spain can not afford it and does not have that many people to spare.  The best thing to to leave them empty!!!  set up your corps on boats or along portugal and morocco and take minors right away (as many as possible) on first econ (and each and every one after) I build 5 militia and drop 2 in Madrid and pick 3 other cities to drop one in.  over the first year you will have each city with a garrison and Madrid pretty well off, and not have had to sacrafice an entire corps to do it from the beginning...

Spain must keep between France and England to survive sometimes on the threat of joining the other..  England can not fight the spanish and french fleets and france doesnt need another nation biting at its heals even if the troops are not that good, its really hard for france to come and kick spains butt with austria, prussia, england, and sometimes russia on its butt.

use that and take all the minors you can in the beginning...

If you need more pp Turkey is pretty much the only one you can pick on in the beginning as you can strand thier troops in a minor while you take out the ships then pick them off little by little.

Hope this helps, Spain was my first ftf game and I have loved the challenge ever since.

OD

hellfirejet

RE: GAMERS BEST SETUP FOR SPAIN

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi obsidiandragon,
Thanks for taking the time to write your tactical setups much appreciated cheers!!!!!![:)]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Return to “The War Room”