Carrier Interdiction Icon in Fleet Mode PLZ

WarPlan Pacific is an operational level wargame which covers all the nations at war in the Pacific theatre from December 1941 to 1945 on a massive game scale.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

ago1000

Carrier Interdiction Icon in Fleet Mode PLZ

Post by ago1000 »

I'm hoping this is possible that a Blue triangle and Red Triangle can be put on TF fleet icons with CVs, CVLs, CVEs groups in them, similar to air unit within the game to indicate Carrier Interdiction support possible.

The Noumea Gambit in an alternate post is a great example where traps can be set for enemy fleets on both sides. However, when the trap needs to be sprung, your carrier TF does nothing. No message, nothing. When you look at it closely, you then notice that usually the carrier TFs effectiveness is too low and you should have returned it to port 1 turn earlier.

How things are calculated are not of importance, but that the unit is mission ready is. The game is built on cutting off resources, setting up port blockades, setting traps. It would save the player time micromanaging each carrier TF to check it effectiveness. A player can tell at a glance if the carrier TF is ready or not.

Without it, your guessing at what effectiveness will the unit not respond at. I've seen carrier TFs not respond ever at 61% effectiveness and at full strength. Is that because it made an attempt and I didn't receive a message. Don't know. No message, no flash on the screen. Nothing. I've also seen others at 69% full strength respond 100% of the time.

Maybe the icon can show this naval unit is ready for all types of missions, carrier interdiction, naval interseption, ...etc, not sure. However, of all the missions in this game, Carrier Interdiction is one that IMO should be displayed.

If CVs are floating air units then it makes sense that they are represented in the game similarly.

Maybe with all the updates, I've missed something, does this already exist in a different form?
AlvaroSousa

Re: Carrier Interdiction Icon in Fleet Mode PLZ

Post by AlvaroSousa »

It has not been, I will put this on the list.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
ago1000

Post by ago1000 »

AlvaroSousa wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:12 am It has not been, I will put this on the list.
Thank you!!!!
AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

This is going to take some time to think on how to do it.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Return to “Warplan Pacific”