More Okinawa Bound shenanigans: EMCON disaster

Command: Chains of War is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. 20 minutes into the future, a spark erupts in the Korean peninsula that will lead to a theaterwide conflagration embroiling the entire Western Pacific and drag all major powers into it.
Eboreg

More Okinawa Bound shenanigans: EMCON disaster

Post by Eboreg »

So I managed to finish the "Okinawa Bound" scenario in Chains of War and I've personally come to the conclusion that it is the most complex and simultaneously tedious scenario in the entire game. No wonder so many let's plays end there.

However, that's not what I want to talk about, what I do want to report is a certain error in EMCON that cost the JMSDF two submarines. You see, Soryu and Takashio were charged with defending the marine LZ but for some reason, the mission they were assigned to set their radars to active. This led to a point near the end of the scenario where, during transit, they surfaced to recharge their batteries and shortly afterwards, ate a couple of helicopter-launched torpedoes. While I understand that the AI might make some mistakes, this seems more like a developer oversight and I would like to see it fixed to make the scenario just a little bit more challenging (and believable).

Return to “Command: Chains of War”