Kashmir Fire - Peacekeepers - problem

Command - Kashmir Fire is a new DLC release for Command: Modern Operations recreates a near future conflict between the world’s two most volatile nuclear nemeses: Pakistan and India.
Selchu

Kashmir Fire - Peacekeepers - problem

Post by Selchu »

Hey folks,
Currently working my way through Peacekeepers and seem to be having a problem with cargo. I followed orders and sent the CH-53Ks all the way north to the Embassy and they have just done a pickup. The issue I have is that they only pickup '3' cargo and then are full and have to RTB. The 3 cargo are machine gunners. This leaves staff on the ground and there isn't enough time to RTB Tripoli and then fly up and pick the rest up.

I have found this with most of the civilians I have picked up that required extra flights to load them in. Am I doing something really stupid here? I'll be honest I'm familar with how to deploy units in cargo but picking them up seems to be a bit buggy.

Have also discovered I have to manually tell most of the helicopters to fly at minimum altitude so that they actually carry out the 'Select unit for pickup' otherwise they tend to wait while they adjust altitude.

Edit: I can understand the close to shore pickups requiring multiple aircraft but if the CH-53K has been 'lightened' to allow it to transport more people from further away then should it not be able to lift them all in one go? I am loving the idea especially after recently finishing a book about the Vietnam extractions in the final days. This is just confusing though.

Hope this makes sense.
Sel

Eggstor

RE: Kashmir Fire - Peacekeepers - problem

Post by Eggstor »

You'll have to take the 2 hours that's needed to change the loadout on the CH-53s to accommodate more troops. Each of the embassy (and consulate down in Mumbai) units has 18 people, so the 24x Marines loadout will work. You'll need to be precise with your refueling (especially since the UAVs won't refuel for some reason), as well as a bit lucky in avoiding the Pakistani patrols, but it's doable.
RIPperSVK

RE: Kashmir Fire - Peacekeepers - problem

Post by RIPperSVK »

This was in the end quite interesting scenario, mostly about logistics. The fighting part was easy.

What's confusing to me is understanding how many people are in a ground unit and what's my capacity. For example, the 24x Marines loadout seemed to load 8 people (8 cargo). I'm not sure if I undestand that, maybe I'm not reading it right. It's also hard to understand how many people are in a unit. Basically I first did some experiments in the editor to understand how many flights do I need.

Return to “Command: Kashmir Fire”