Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

MyP

Re: Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Post by MyP »

I can't tell when any of the files have been updated on the Downloads site, at least without downloading them if they have a readme.

Is it possible to add:
- a date to the filename of the database/images,
- in the first post a list of dates of each recent change in the files (unless I've missed it in this thread), or
- a list on the downloads page of dates of each recent change in the files
or something else to help figure out by date whether I have the latest file?

Also, while I don't have a Steam install yet, is there a Workshop subscription to these files that will automatically prompt me for an update, or do I simply manually update these files in the Stream directory as I currently do with a Matrix install?
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

Hey there,

I feel you, P!

However, the pictures are now automatically downloaded when you are looking at a platform through the DB Viewer, since around May 2020 it seems. So there's technically no need anymore to download the pack. As far as I know.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
MyP

Post by MyP »

Hi,

Thanks, I forgot about that feature. I do appreciate that it is available in a single download too.

I am an 'offliner' by nature, so I'll update the database periodically without worrying too much about getting the latest DB and between downloads run off any updates that occur automatically, which shouldn't be too much data.
Lorthirk

Post by Lorthirk »

ClaudeJ wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:39 pm Hey there,

I feel you, P!

However, the pictures are now automatically downloaded when you are looking at a platform through the DB Viewer, since around May 2020 it seems. So there's technically no need anymore to download the pack. As far as I know.
Yes, that's correct as far as I know as well. But... once the client downloads the image the first time, it doesn't update it anymore until you delete that image, so if it gets updated after the first download you don't get the update anymore. Also, I still did not understand if the client downloads updated descriptions as well. So an update date on the website would be a welcome addition nonetheless IMHO.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Lorthirk wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:24 pm
ClaudeJ wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:39 pm Hey there,

I feel you, P!

Yes, that's correct as far as I know as well. But... once the client downloads the image the first time, it doesn't update it anymore until you delete that image, so if it gets updated after the first download you don't get the update anymore. Also, I still did not understand if the client downloads updated descriptions as well. So an update date on the website would be a welcome addition nonetheless IMHO.
We had an update in (I believe) September 2021, and are trying to get another update ready for release in the near future. Taxes and some personal issues have slowed me down on getting this release out.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
Lorthirk

Post by Lorthirk »

CV60 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:07 pm We had an update in (I believe) September 2021, and are trying to get another update ready for release in the near future. Taxes and some personal issues have slowed me down on getting this release out.
Hey, I didn't mean to urge for a new release, not at all! Was just saying that knowing when the files have been update last time would be useful, that's all :)
kgambit

Post by kgambit »

CV60 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:07 pm
We had an update in (I believe) September 2021, and are trying to get another update ready for release in the near future. Taxes and some personal issues have slowed me down on getting this release out.
Steve,

Sent the link for the image updates to you along with some additional files but can't tell if you got any of them or not. Let me know.

D
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Updated image and description packs are now available on the WS downloads page!

From Steven Lohr (CV60), overall coordinator of the images & descriptions release:
As far as file size: There are now 13,548 images (2.58 GB) in the DB3K and 7045 (1.38 GB) in the CWDB. This is an increase in 379 DB3K images, and 443 in the CWDB., as well as the normal culling of erroneous photos, substitution with better images, and elimination of erroneous HAWK images.

There are now 3677 description files in DB3k, and 1012 in the CWDB. This is an increase or modification of 266 files in the DB3K and 123 in the CWDB since the last update.

The images can also be downloaded on-demand from within CMO (no manual action needed). If you wish to re-download images that you have already got (e.g. to update), delete all files in these folders:
[CMO]\DB\Images\DB3000
[CMO]\DB\Images\CWDB

The updated description files will be included in the next update releases.

Special kudos for this release to Kgambit and ClaudeJ. They have been vital in updating & adding the images. For this update of the description files, ProdigyofMilitaryPride, Gunner98, ClaudeJ, Parel803, PN79, cdnice, OldSarge all helped.
Easy301

Post by Easy301 »

Dimitris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:15 am Updated image and description packs are now available on the WS downloads page!

From Steven Lohr (CV60), overall coordinator of the images & descriptions release:
As far as file size: There are now 13,548 images (2.58 GB) in the DB3K and 7045 (1.38 GB) in the CWDB. This is an increase in 379 DB3K images, and 443 in the CWDB., as well as the normal culling of erroneous photos, substitution with better images, and elimination of erroneous HAWK images.

There are now 3677 description files in DB3k, and 1012 in the CWDB. This is an increase or modification of 266 files in the DB3K and 123 in the CWDB since the last update.

The images can also be downloaded on-demand from within CMO (no manual action needed). If you wish to re-download images that you have already got (e.g. to update), delete all files in these folders:
[CMO]\DB\Images\DB3000
[CMO]\DB\Images\CWDB

Special kudos for this release to Kgambit and ClaudeJ. They have been vital in updating & adding the images. For this update of the description files, ProdigyofMilitaryPride, Gunner98, ClaudeJ, Parel803, PN79, cdnice, OldSarge all helped.
Do any of these updates include changes in the"Secondary Images" section such as the line drawings and such or do we only need to download and update the DB3000 and CWDB?
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

Hey Easy,

I don't have the big picture here (couldn't resist), however what I can tell you is that :

- DB3000 secondary Images folder now contains 2 902 files, and 52 have a modification date later than the 6th of Oct 21;
- CWDB Secondary Images folder now contain 1 481 files, and 2 have a modification date later than the 6th of Oct 21.

The Wed Oct 06, 2021, being the previous release deployment date.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Easy301 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:16 am
Dimitris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:15 am Updated image and description packs are now available on the WS downloads page!

[CMO]\DB\Images\DB3000
[CMO]\DB\Images\CWDB

Do any of these updates include changes in the"Secondary Images" section such as the line drawings and such or do we only need to download and update the DB3000 and CWDB?
Easy-There are only minor changes made to the "Secondary Images" folder, and none made to the line drawings. Unfortunately, our small team doesn't have the bandwidth to do too much with the secondary images. Once we get the CWDB database enlarged that may change. With that said, we do sometimes changes to the secondary images, so we do provide an updated download for those who want the latest files.
Easy301

Post by Easy301 »

CV60 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:52 pm
Easy301 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:16 am

[CMO]\DB\Images\DB3000
[CMO]\DB\Images\CWDB

Easy-There are only minor changes made to the "Secondary Images" folder, and none made to the line drawings. Unfortunately, our small team doesn't have the bandwidth to do too much with the secondary images. Once we get the CWDB database enlarged that may change. With that said, we do sometimes changes to the secondary images, so we do provide an updated download for those who want the latest files.
Thanks for following up on this for me. I totally understand and I know many of us are grateful for the hard work and effort that has gone into these, myself included. It's certainly no small task, I just wanted to ask to make sure I knew what to download to have the most up-to-images.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Thanks for update guys!
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Guys, this just came my way through work. I don't know how many of the photos will be useful, its all land stuff.

B
Attachments
U_UKR_Russian_Equipment_Guidebook_14FEB22.zip
(7.39 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Gunner98 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:48 pm Guys, this just came my way through work. I don't know how many of the photos will be useful, its all land stuff.

B
Thank you, Gunner. I'm sure we'll be able to use some of these photos.
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

Have a link to the online Worldwide Equipment Guide been posted here already, by the way?
https://odin.tradoc.army.mil/WEG

Thanks for sharing B!
Parel803

Post by Parel803 »

Good evening,
Got a few images from a mate. Hope it is usefull otherwise discard it.
best regards GJ
Attachments
226-Armidale.rar
3 images
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Parel803

Post by Parel803 »

3000-Adm Cowan
3012-Katanpaa
3655-Komoran
best regards GJ
Attachments
3000-3012-3655.rar
3x1
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
Parel803

Post by Parel803 »

Image MEX Polaris, unit 1120 Mirfak
Attachments
-1101 Polaris-MEX (1120 Mirfak)2.rar
1 of 3
(9.62 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
Parel803

Post by Parel803 »

Image MEX Polaris, unit: 1111 Avior
Attachments
-1101 Polaris-MEX (1111 Avior).rar
2 of 3
(151.73 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”