CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

What feature would you like to see added in Command?

Multiplayer
18%
Custom drawing on map
9%
Ground operations: Make units recognize and use roads
14%
Tacview - AAR mode
13%
Enable borders/coastlines at close-in zoom
2%
Chemical & Biological weapon effects
2%
Scriptless downed/stranded crew (for CSAR)
7%
Scriptless carry-over of units between scenarios
3%
Weather/Day-night affects air sorties
14%
Integrated speech-to-text (SeaHag-style)
No votes
More sonar data on contact (details)
2%
Search tool for the cargo list
1%
List damaged units on Losses & Expenditures
No votes
Include currently-airborne units on flight-ops screen
4%
Add "training" torpedoes (details)
No votes
BOL-fire mode for indirect artillery
2%
Warning shots
1%
Scriptless boarding actions
2%
Scriptless takeover of fixed facilities
3%
Hotkeys for built-in map layers
No votes
Depressed trajectory option for BMs
2%
Ability to add Folders to the Quick Battle list (details)
No votes

Total votes: 163

Redeye43

Re: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

Post by Redeye43 »

A suggestion to submit that hopefully isn't too complex - pK below 1% and fractional pK. If a 100mm battery loses its Fire Can and shoots blindly at a maneuvering aircraft - or worse, a battery WITHOUT proximity fuzes - pK should be absurdly low, anywhere from 0.04% to 0.001(!)%. There are also percentage pKs in the DB that seem to be ignored at the moment (said 100mm is 1.3%) but it's always rounded.
Last edited by Redeye43 on Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blast33

Post by Blast33 »

When I make a large scenario, I keep one eye fixedto the pulse time in ms, to see if it is still workable.
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (51.23 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
But this is invisible when I have the right window open of contact status.
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (60.42 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
Idea: the GPU description is long (and probably everybody knows his own GPU..?). Could the pulse time come first and the GPU type description go to the right (or removed completely)?

By the way thanks for the 64bit beta, this improved my pulse time a lot!
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

"At this time waypoints cannot be made relative to a unit. For example, if you use flightplans for AEW or CAP missions for a carrier the aircraft will not move along with the carrier as the flightplan will remain static." from the MDSP Tutorial 6 tutorial. I have found this out in action.

My request is to make this a priority to tweak so that waypoints can be relative to a ship. Its a relatively big issue in an scenario with CVs. It takes quite a fit of fine-tuning to use any type of flight plan with patrols around a CV.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

A MDSP-like capability for ships. Being able to set up a path planning system that is similar to the flight planner and ATO capabilities would be very helpful in planning complex non-air missions and planning.

The alternative is opening up the reference points in a ship's path to more order types like lua code execution, mission change/activation/deactivation, event management, formation change, replenishment, detach ship, etc.

Either approach is to give more flexibility to scenario designers for ships that is similar to how aircraft can now be used.
morphin

Post by morphin »

I would like to add the possibility to (temporary) take over full control of a unit that is in a mission whiteout to unassign it and later assign it again

For example you have a patrol mission with AC but you would like to manage the dog fight manually.
It would be nice that as soon as you give an manual order (directions, height, speed, emissions) that this AC is temporary unassinged for the missions (or make a hotkey to temporary unassignn from mission and assign it again).

It is very annoying to remember which AC belongs to which mission and doing a constant unassign/asssign for the Units you would like to temporary control manually.....

Thank's
Andy
Quark73

Post by Quark73 »

Since it has been delivered in 64-bit version "Weather/Day-night affects air sorties" can be removed fromm poll, to get the allocated votes free.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Quark73 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:49 pm Since it has been delivered in 64-bit version "Weather/Day-night affects air sorties" can be removed fromm poll, to get the allocated votes free.
Not sure its working yet. Last I checked.
Quark73

Post by Quark73 »

thewood1 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:54 pm
Quark73 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:49 pm Since it has been delivered in 64-bit version "Weather/Day-night affects air sorties" can be removed fromm poll, to get the allocated votes free.
Not sure its working yet. Last I checked.
Me neither, I rely on the change log.
Quark73

Post by Quark73 »

Add a hotkey for centering map on mouse cursor.
Kobu

Post by Kobu »

I think that is not present in the game or at least i have not seen it but it would be helpful an option to hide the satellites on the map. There are some scenarios with plenty of them and they are annoying prowling around the map. I refer both friendlies and enemies.

Regards
FifthDomain

Post by FifthDomain »

thewood1 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:30 pm A MDSP-like capability for ships. Being able to set up a path planning system that is similar to the flight planner and ATO capabilities would be very helpful in planning complex non-air missions and planning.

The alternative is opening up the reference points in a ship's path to more order types like lua code execution, mission change/activation/deactivation, event management, formation change, replenishment, detach ship, etc.

Either approach is to give more flexibility to scenario designers for ships that is similar to how aircraft can now be used.
+1
ETF

Re: RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

Post by ETF »

Cajer wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:44 pm I just really want a realtime multiplayer, especially with a co-op mode. That way you can both play against human opponents, and you can simulate what it's like to have multi-branch or multi-level collaboration. Eg: you're an air force working with a ground forces commander, who really needs some air support but you can't give it to him as there's too much anti-air. That way there's negotiation and give and take even among your own side.
Couldn't agree more, well said.

How hard can it be since they all ready have it in the 1.15 PE version?

https://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Command ... tation.pdf
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
trevor999

Post by trevor999 »

Just a few suggestions

1. Make the new missile accuracy model optional - choice between the newer more accurate model, and the original "vanilla" model

2. "Bring back load" - A/c may have to jettison munitions or fuel in order to land below maximum landing weight

3. Optional limited fuel available at airbases, especially FOB's.

4. Saveable/copyable munitions packages that can be used for munition bunkers, revetments etc at airbases. Similar to carrier magazines. Preferably munitions could be auto divided among the available base containers.

5. Section somewhere with general/useful/most used etc LUA coding commands for those of us who have no idea how to code.

6. Runway repair times (2 - 6 hours). Engineering units deployed to bases?

7. Add an attack option for a/c to "investigate" a contact - close to withing a certain distance and remain with contact until contact identified without worrying about having to change WRA for unit.

8. Ability to link and interlink SAM units and HQ's into AD networks

9. Munitions in airbase containers (bunkers etc) destroyable (Are they already?)
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Ability to drop UNUSED ordinance after a strike rather than be forced to bring it home and have to refuel. Some strikes are configured to RTB empty. If tankers aren't involved/available the planes usual don't make it home and hen have to ditch. This is stupid because in real life they would have just dumped their ordinance.

NOTE: I'm not talking about "DUMPING ORDINANCE WHEN UNDER ATTACK." I'm talking about being able to dump it while on the way home.

Please add this option. It would be utilized by REAL strike Planners when necessary.
Transient

Post by Transient »

I would like to request a change for Anti Ballistic Missile WRA structure from the current way it is set up. Currently it is based on intercept distance. Is it possible that it be set up in terms of defended area?

By defended area I mean where a specified zone can be set, and the ABM missiles will only intercept Ballistic Missiles flying towards targets within the specified zone.

Or perhaps a dedicated Mission for Anti Ballistic Missile Patrol instead (but this is less than ideal and presents another set of problems).

One of the current problems with ABM intercepts in CMO is that the ABM missiles usually have very extreme ranges. So ABM missiles may be fired off by a platform against ballistic missiles travelling in a direction which would result in a very off angle and low pK intercept by the ABM interceptor, when there may actually be another ABM platform which is better placed to carry out the intercept, but which does not carry out the intercept because the earlier ABM platform already fired.

Lowering the WRA intercept range of the 1st ABM platform in the above case may often not be feasible or desirable.

*edited for clarity
Redeye43

Post by Redeye43 »

Here's one that I think would be useful: TOT for missiles and other weapons. Say you want to launch Tomahawks that will all arrive at the same time, you can't really do that except by manually setting up legs. I was talking to a Navy friend of mine, we were simulating an engagement, and the fact that we couldn't tell the SM-6s when to hit the target was a pain in the rear end. Instead they all arrive in a train, making them a lot easier for the enemy to shoot down versus a proper saturation attack.

A second request: clutter and debris simulations. A blown-up missile should behave a little like chaff, larger or smaller depending on the size of the missile; same for if it hits a ship. It would really help, again according to him, especially for naval conflicts.
Quark73

Post by Quark73 »

UI element for selected side and active gods eye mode. :)
FifthDomain

Post by FifthDomain »

Can i request the Aerial Refuelling feature be available for cargo missions same as it is for all other missions.
FifthDomain

Post by FifthDomain »

Redeye43 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:10 pm Here's one that I think would be useful: TOT for missiles and other weapons. Say you want to launch Tomahawks that will all arrive at the same time, you can't really do that except by manually setting up legs. I was talking to a Navy friend of mine, we were simulating an engagement, and the fact that we couldn't tell the SM-6s when to hit the target was a pain in the rear end. Instead they all arrive in a train, making them a lot easier for the enemy to shoot down versus a proper saturation attack.

A second request: clutter and debris simulations. A blown-up missile should behave a little like chaff, larger or smaller depending on the size of the missile; same for if it hits a ship. It would really help, again according to him, especially for naval conflicts.
+1
artao5

Post by artao5 »

Text is often hard to read on the map for one reason or another.
An option to put a darkened background around labels and the datablock when it's on the bottom. [see screenshot]
Darkened Backgtround Datablock.jpg
Darkened Backgtround Datablock.jpg (365.7 KiB) Viewed 543 times

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”