More Scenarios or Campaigns

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Moderators: Vic, Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

nikdav

More Scenarios or Campaigns

Post by nikdav »

Hi,
I have a lot of ideas (on paper) for other DC4 scenarios, but I'd like to know which of the ones you've played you like the most to decide on the next one.

Every campaign or scenario starts with a good book or map and then I write down a paper A4 sheet with the date, objective, historical context, sources, order of battle and a sketch of the map.

To make a big campaign takes a lot of time (years) and the map is the element that takes the most time. The good thing is that when you have a campaign map, you can easily pull out any section to create a smaller scenario. The DC4 Ardennes map took 3 years, but Puffendorf only a week.

Thanks !
Davide

Vote your favorite scenarios:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 8&t=402359

briklebritt

Re: More Scenarios or Campaigns

Post by briklebritt »

Great idea, but I wish there would be more of the small scenarios. It is not often possible to spend such a long time playing. So short more new scenarios would be great. A scenario focused on Kampfgruppe Peiper, 1.SS Panzerdivision would be great. DC:AO - great game, best in series!
Kurtank

Post by Kurtank »

I'll happily buy in to any further scenarios. I absolutely love this game.
budd

Post by budd »

Stay on the West Front, I'd like to see from Operation Cobra onward.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive”