Won't Run Beyond 7 segments Load Screen

Valor & Victory Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.

Moderators: MOD_Valor & Victory, Matrix Games Staff

aspqrz02

Won't Run Beyond 7 segments Load Screen

Post by aspqrz02 »

I have just purchased the entire Valor & Victory Package and have installed the non-Pacific DLCs using Multi-Setup 1.07.02 and the load screen gets to rthe 7th segment and ... crashes.

I have also tried to load the Base Game and then load the DLCs separately. The Base Game loads. And I can add one, maybe two, DLCs before it crashes from the Load screen.

The Shield of Cholm DLC seems as if it might be a definite trigger. The game always crashes when I load it, regardless of in what order.

Loading Multi-Patch 1.08.06 makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Still crashes at 7 segments on the Load Screen.

Is there a specific installation order that needs to be followed?

The weird thing is that I installed it all on Steam ... and all the DLCs are recognised but it loads only one segment beyond what it does as a Matrix download about 3 times out of 4 before crashing.
Last edited by aspqrz02 on Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
aspqrz02

Re: Won't Run Beyond 7 segments Load Screen

Post by aspqrz02 »

I'm running on an AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4 Core 3.8 GHz system with 16 GB RAM and am running Windows 10 Home with an NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics Card
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
yobowargames

Post by yobowargames »

Hi aspqrz02

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Are you saying you can load and play the game if you only install the base game?

I am not sure I understand this "The weird thing is that I installed it all on Steam ... and all the DLCs are recognised but it loads only one segment beyond what it does as a Matrix download about 3 times out of 4 before crashing."
YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Two things -

1) It seems as if it REALLY doesn't like running with other software running uin the background, at least as a Matrix Game. I normally have Serif Affinity Publisher 2 running on a second screen while I am playing games ... no other game I have Steam/Non Steam has any problems with this. I can usually even switch between the two with no problems.

Not V&V. It insists on not allowing anything other than Web Browsers and Email programs run in the background. I think (it seems to have decided to work this way the last two times I tried it).

2) Steam is a whole other kettle of fish. It will run, but ONLY if I restart/reboot the computer and the first thing I do when it has rebooted is to shut down Affinity Publisher before I try to load Steam (AP is on autoboot). Then it seems to work fine. Otherwise it crashes at the last 1-2 segments.

It really doesn't like AP, it seems.

Return to “Tech Support Forum”