Confederate Flag

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Fonebone

Confederate Flag

Post by Fonebone »

This looks like an awesome game. I like the unusual selection of battles. Wilson's Creek! Are you kidding me?

Questions:
1) I've been watching some YouTube vids of this and the game seems to run very slowly. Is this true, or am I not seeing something right?

2) What flag is that I see flying above the confed units?

Thanks! Hope this game is not dead.
jack54

RE: Confederate Flag

Post by jack54 »

1-it's a little slow to me but nothing I would complain about...I have a 6 core AMD processor with 16GB ram 1GB video card. (you give various movement/ROE orders to units then there is a resolution phase where you watch the fire exchange. The units themselves pick their targets)
2- the flag is the Stars and Bars the first official Confederate flag...I believe it caused some confusion during battles as it wasn't all that different from the US flag.
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Fonebone

Post by Fonebone »

Well, your rig's better than mine, so I'll have to think about this a little.
Excellent detail re the flag. Kudos to the developers!
jack54

Post by jack54 »

To be a little more specific on my machine the combat resolution seems pretty fast, what I find a little slow is marching units.
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

most things can be altered tbh in settings to speed things like this up or slow them down
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Fonebone

This looks like an awesome game. I like the unusual selection of battles. Wilson's Creek! Are you kidding me?

Questions:
1) I've been watching some YouTube vids of this and the game seems to run very slowly. Is this true, or am I not seeing something right?

I have a dual core i3 processor and 4GB RAM and 1 GB video and I never noticed an issue with performance.

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”