1.0.8.3 Public Beta Update Available

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Thineboot

Re: 1.0.7.3 Public Beta Update Available

Post by Thineboot »

Erik Rutins wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:00 pm [...]
Changes in 1.0.7.3 (September 23rd, 2022):
[...]
RESEARCH
[...]
- now exclude race-specific tech from non-playable races when stealing or trading tech, or acquiring through other means (e.g. colony conquest)
[...]
You mean
- now exclude race-specific tech from non-player races when stealing or trading tech, or acquiring through other means (e.g. colony conquest)
correct? The latter is true, just started [1.0.7.3] Home World in 3 overlapping nebulas and swarms of Gravillex and Vordikar to check it ;)
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

At new game crash after auto zoom to home planet. Before I let Steam repair the files.
Starting location center still not working yet.
In old savegames:
- Fleets still only jumps in short time when I zoom in to them.
- It's only possible to select 501 ships at once. If i want to destroy them, only one get destroyed.
- Dismantle them at shipyards only start if I zoom to a single ship.
- If you have selected a fleet you can't hold them in focus of camera. This only works when you select a single ship.

Delete the mechanic jump range.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Am I the only one with these problems (s. a.)?

Edit:
Unplayable late game at war, massive lags. Buttons react after many seconds.
Time jumps from example 4.11. to 9.11.
Thineboot

Post by Thineboot »

fruitgnome wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:25 pm Am I the only one with these problems (s. a.)?

Edit:
Unplayable late game at war, massive lags. Buttons react after many seconds.
Time jumps from example 4.11. to 9.11.
Is it possible, that you've run into a similar problem like Journier reported on Steam in Ram usage on late game, clicking military tab pops up to 12gb ram useage. 1.0.7.3?

@ Erik: they've provided a save game and DW2 RAM usage jumped to 16+ GB when I tested it. For details see above link.
Erik Rutins

Re: 1.0.7.9 Public Beta Update Available

Post by Erik Rutins »

Updated the first post to include the change list for the 1.0.7.9 public beta, available via Steam today.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
distantsoma

Post by distantsoma »

Please find my crush reports
Attachments
crush.txt
(13.9 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

distantsoma wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:37 am Please find my crush reports
Most programs should crash.
A crush is usually a person you love.
FirstPappy

Post by FirstPappy »

... or a soda!
Attachments
418C5PjvSML.jpg
418C5PjvSML.jpg (16.33 KiB) Viewed 1199 times
Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.70Ghz Processor
32 GB Ram
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX1080 w/8 GB
LG 32GK850F 2560x1440
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

New game (late game) constant ctd after starting war.

Needed new functions:
Advisor: Do not invade independent colonies.

Add to ships and fleets the info about the range to target.
Design screen range in sectors.
Possibility to give an empire a colony as a gift.
Chnage state form of a vassal.

Bugs:
Can't return characters or dismiss if empire not exists anymore.
Erik Rutins

Re: 1.0.8.0 Public Beta Update Available

Post by Erik Rutins »

The first post has been updated with the change list for the new 1.0.8.0 public beta, available today on Steam and GOG.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Radamanthe

Post by Radamanthe »

Erik Rutins wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:00 pm Changes in 1.0.8.0 (October 14th, 2022):
- capped maximum and minimum reputation levels
Well... after update to 1.0.8.0:
reputation.jpg
reputation.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
That's a few seconds of simulation after loading my previous save. Before that, the "Pirate Ships Destroyed" stat was ~565.

Do you need the save file?

Note that this is a 1.0.7.3 game since the previous 1.0.7.9 was not on GoG.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

It's best to start a new game with 1.0.8.0 if you want to see the reputation changes, but the reputation changes were not supposed to create any unusual situations in older games. A save would be appreciated.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Radamanthe

Post by Radamanthe »

Erik Rutins wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:34 pm A save would be appreciated.
rada.7z
(5.48 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
arvcran2

Post by arvcran2 »

Erik Rutins wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:00 pm
Changes in 1.0.8.0 (October 14th, 2022):

CRASH FIXES
- fixed crash that sometimes occurred when declaring war

DIPLOMACY AND REPUTATION
- rebalanced all reputation impacts from various events
- capped maximum and minimum reputation levels
- reputation impact from events is halved when above or below high or low thresholds, meaning that extreme reputation levels, once achieved, are slower to shift
- less concern over others' reputations when you and other faction both have positive or negative reputation levels, i.e. more concerned when other faction has opposite reputation to you as well as a significant reputation gap
- updated Empire Reputation Galactopedia article to include explanation of Slavery and Extermination colony population policies
- ensure all techs valued properly in trade deal screen (none should be zero unless truly worthless to other faction)

START NEW GAME SCREEN
- ensure player starting relation level for other empires (Start New Game screen) excludes pirate protection and selects correct trade treaty (RTA, LTA, FTA)
- in Start New Game screen now use tooltips to indicate when large galaxies may cause performance issues on less capable systems

UI IMPROVEMENTS
- made it clearer in user interface when undertaking an action that will very negatively affect your reputation: Bombardment, Slavery and Extermination colony policies, declaring war in wrong situation (insufficient justification, too soon since last war, existing Non Aggression treaty, existing Defense treaty), invading independent colonies, invading colonies when not at war, destroying colonies
- Control Center now pauses list updates while hovering over list items (list items retain order) to avoid having to deal with list changes while trying to take a list action
- now immediately updates right-click mission for hovered item when select an item via hotkey (no need to move mouse), e.g. allow immediate right-click attack of hovered enemy target when select fleet via hotkey

EXPLORATION
- ensure range for discovering lost colony exceeds exploration range so that exploration ships always discover

OTHER
- avoid using reserved spending to build planetary facilities when automation is Suggest. Instead wait until have funds then suggest to player,

Wow ... I like all of the above, diplomacy revisions are welcome!
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Bugs:
Long story (new game only 300 stars):
I let the game run for 4 hours. It was war and i had strong fleets with strong attack troops but no enemy colony get conquered. I focus an invasion fleet and zoom to it and it starts flying to an enemy colony and the invasion starts.
No ship has star figthers (custom ship designs). Star fighters make even more problems.

It's easy to reproduce:
Start new game, max settings at generation like Tech 7 and old. Let it run rule in absence and then after 4 hours or maybe immediately start a war.

Defeated empires still exists with no colonies, but they are not listed in game editor.

Invade independent colonies should be negative, but it has to be to deactivate in automation settings.

Vulkan runs realy better. Will there be sometime support for DX11? I have a GTX 1070 with 8GB Ram. The game only does 29% usage.
Evil Steve

Post by Evil Steve »

reputation from invading independent colonies is now positive in this beta?
arvcran2

Post by arvcran2 »

Evil Steve wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:52 am reputation from invading independent colonies is now positive in this beta?
Reputation is a relationship.

DW2 is educating the players: that one must think outside the box of what they are presented with. READ: Sometimes ... one needs a better tool to accomplish a goal.

The question is: Who perceives who as reputable. A more complicated view of the empires that are encountered in the galaxy. So DW2 would need a better relationship viewer ... or reporting as it were.
Erik Rutins

Re: 1.0.8.1 Public Beta Update Available

Post by Erik Rutins »

I've just updated the first post with the change list for the latest 1.0.8.1 public beta update, focused on finishing up our diplomacy pass and making some fixes to colonization and migration as well as a few other areas. Please give it a try. We'll likely have a less ambitious beta update next week mainly focused on bug fixes in preparation for an official update the week after that.

Please start a new game with 1.0.8.1 as many of the diplomatic and reputation changes will not work on existing games.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

fruitgnome wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:48 am Bugs:
Long story (new game only 300 stars):
I let the game run for 4 hours. It was war and i had strong fleets with strong attack troops but no enemy colony get conquered. I focus an invasion fleet and zoom to it and it starts flying to an enemy colony and the invasion starts.
No ship has star figthers (custom ship designs). Star fighters make even more problems.
It's easy to reproduce:
Start new game, max settings at generation like Tech 7 and old. Let it run rule in absence and then after 4 hours or maybe immediately start a war.
Have you uploaded a save file for us that shows this? If not, could you do that please? I'm afraid the "let it run for 4 hours and then it will happen" is not practical for us.
Defeated empires still exists with no colonies, but they are not listed in game editor.
A save file for this would be much appreciated.
Invade independent colonies should be negative, but it has to be to deactivate in automation settings.
I don't understand this one.
Vulkan runs realy better. Will there be sometime support for DX11? I have a GTX 1070 with 8GB Ram. The game only does 29% usage.
DX 11 and Vulkan both work fine on many systems. DW2 is currently mainly CPU-bound. More performance improvements are always in the works.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Evil Steve wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:52 am reputation from invading independent colonies is now positive in this beta?
It should not be positive, however it could be significantly less negative than it was in the past. Could you share a save where you see positive reputation from invasions?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”