Matrix Forums Updated!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Crimguy

RE: Matrix Forums Updated!

Post by Crimguy »

Rick:

While I'm a big Firefox fanboy (using it since Phoenix 0.4 or so), it has it's share of issues, just as IE does. It is hard to make an argument for IE in terms of security, but some pages out there will only load properly under IE.

For the record, while I've never seen any formal speed tests on rendering, I find IE and FF to be about the same speed. IE has a much faster initial startup time, due to it being integrated with the OS to some extent.

I only use IE when I have to. Firefox is a great browser.

ORIGINAL: RBWhite

Requiem

Would it be fair to say on my part that the FireFox program I downloaded and have waiting to be installed, should stay where it is, uninstalled?

I use IE and I was going to switch because of all the hype I have read about FireFox like fast & flawless function, BUT?

Anyway, I still like the new look & I have no problems, the website and forum function as before.

Rick White

Post by MadScot »

ORIGINAL: MadScot
ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Minor question... my back button doesn't work anymore. I have to use the forum navigation links to move backwards.

Is this deliberate?

Mine just stopped working, too. I'm sure it worked before (i.e. AFTER the changeover)

And today, it works again. How bizarre.

and after that post, it doesn't work again. it's some nonsense that this stupid posting pop-up window creates - that thing that says "view the post" or whatever. gah!

and after closing the tab and relogging into Matrix, it works again. I expect it'll stop again after this edit
RBWhite

Post by RBWhite »

Thanks everyone.

But I think I'll wait a little while longer before installing FireFox.

Rick White
Cmdrcain

Post by Cmdrcain »

ORIGINAL: 2gaulle
Minor question... my back button doesn't work anymore. I have to use the forum navigation links to move backwards.

mine too.

also with Firefox Mozilla I could't post any message.

I hate to be oblige to use IE [:@]

Using Firefox, posting with it, you need to clear Firefox Cache and at top in matrix forum clear cookies for the forum, reboot and should be all ok.
Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Battlestar Pegasus
Cmdrcain

Post by Cmdrcain »

ORIGINAL: RBWhite

Requiem

Would it be fair to say on my part that the FireFox program I downloaded and have waiting to be installed, should stay where it is, uninstalled?

I use IE and I was going to switch because of all the hype I have read about FireFox like fast & flawless function, BUT?

Anyway, I still like the new look & I have no problems, the website and forum function as before.

Rick White

By all means keep using MSIE and getting all those lovely active-x
spywares that install into you and all the msie specific worms etc...

[:D]
Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Battlestar Pegasus
RBWhite

Post by RBWhite »

SpywareBlaster[;)]

It's also available for Mozilla/FireFox[8D]
Crimguy

Post by Crimguy »

Regarding the "back Button" issue. I noticed that, when I get to the forums via an email link (sent by the message bot), the back button will not work in that firefox window, even if I subsequently navigate to the top level of the forums and move fro m there.

The back button will work, however, if I open a new tab or window and navigate to the forums from there.
ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Is this deliberate?

Mine just stopped working, too. I'm sure it worked before (i.e. AFTER the changeover)

And today, it works again. How bizarre.

and after that post, it doesn't work again. it's some nonsense that this stupid posting pop-up window creates - that thing that says "view the post" or whatever. gah!

and after closing the tab and relogging into Matrix, it works again. I expect it'll stop again after this edit

Post by 2gaulle »

Using Firefox, posting with it, you need to clear Firefox Cache and at top in matrix forum clear cookies for the forum, reboot and should be all ok.

After clearing the cache it's work.
Thank
PzB74

Post by PzB74 »

I've been having a 'button problem' lately [;)]
Often I have to reboot the machine in order to get get the following buttons to work: 'Post reply', 'reply' and 'quote'.
The fast reply button always work, but I can't assign attachments in this mode - and the window is really small.

Annoying, could also be a puter glitch. NAV or something else...!?
Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

The "back button" problem is not affected to this forum. I have (and have had) this bug since when "Firefox" was still called "Firebird" [;)]. It pops up once in a while, not related to any special website. Sometimes directly at start of the browsing session, sometimes after hours or not at all for months.

It´s not only the "button" that sometimes doesn´t work but also the respective mouse gesture.
Moquia

Post by Moquia »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

The "back button" problem is not affected to this forum. I have (and have had) this bug since when "Firefox" was still called "Firebird" [;)]. It pops up once in a while, not related to any special website. Sometimes directly at start of the browsing session, sometimes after hours or not at all for months.

It´s not only the "button" that sometimes doesn´t work but also the respective mouse gesture.

Then why the sudden explotion of problems after your forum upgrade? I visit maybe 10-12 forums regulary and this is the only forum where I have the problem (after the upgrade). Been using Firefox since last summer.
Marc von Martial

ORIGINAL: Moquia

Then why the sudden explotion of problems after your forum upgrade? I visit maybe 10-12 forums regulary and this is the only forum where I have the problem (after the upgrade). Been using Firefox since last summer.

I don´t know. I just sayed that this thing is not new too me and that I have it with various websites. I had it during all the various Firebird/Firefox releases.
Zimmerit

Post by Zimmerit »

I have to agree with Moquia. I've been using FireFox exclusively for months now and this is the only website that my back button isnt working for.
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

I use Netscape 7.1 and the "back" button is no longer working here, for the most part.
fair winds,
Brad
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I use IE and the back button works fine
ioticus

Post by ioticus »

I see they still haven't fixed the main problem I have with this forum and that is if I refresh a forum page I get kicked back to the main index forum page and it doesn't show if there are new messages posted for any forums.
Marc von Martial

ORIGINAL: ioticus

I see they still haven't fixed the main problem I have with this forum and that is if I refresh a forum page I get kicked back to the main index forum page and it doesn't show if there are new messages posted for any forums.

In Firefox / Netscape:

1. Right click on main forum frame
2. click "This Frame"
3. click "Reload frame"

In IE:

2. click "Refresh"
ioticus

Post by ioticus »

In Firefox / Netscape:

2. click "This Frame"
3. click "Reload frame"

In IE:

2. click "Refresh"

That seems to work but why can't I just refresh using F5 like any other web page?
Marc von Martial

Because it´s build of two frames.

Return to “General Discussion”