Kharkov Mod v2.x for TLD/WAR - Download

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Tejszd

Kharkov Mod v2.x for TLD/WAR - Download

Post by Tejszd »

Kharkov Mod v 2.x for TLD by Drizzt is available on the Close Combat Series website.

The mod is a full modification of Close Combat The Longest Day that brings you to the Eastern Front during the Russian spring offensive in Kharkov area in May 1942: the Second Battle of Kharkov.

The author of the mod is collecting feedback and making adjustments still so it is best to keep an eye on the mod forum at CCS: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/mo ... forum&f=99

Attachments
Kharkov.jpg
Kharkov.jpg (258.12 KiB) Viewed 406 times
Searry

RE: Kharkov Mod v2.x for TLD/WAR - Download

Post by Searry »

As the CCS site isn't working right now, I'll give my feedback here.

I've noticed that personal anti-tank weapons lack punch and are mostly useless, maybe make them better? The Russians could use a full rifle squad with an anti-tank rifle or two.
The heavy long range guns sometimes don't know how to turn their gun, even when they're not under any pressure.
AI doesn't know how to use molotov coctails.

Otherwise, the AI is great and aggressive!
Cool maps!
Only a single crash.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
Rakassan

Post by Rakassan »

I hope someone, anyone is out there that can help. I loaded a fresh install of CCTLD and then installed the Kharkov mod. I launch Kharkov and it takes me to the start menu just fine. I click on "Play Game" and it says "No Scenario files found. You need to reinstall Close Combat"

I've removed CCTLD three times now and reinstalled it three times and get the same message every time.

HELP! Please......
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Are you trying to play a custom battle/op or a saved game that was created before the mod was installed?
Rakassan

Post by Rakassan »

No. In fact I completely removed all traces of the CCTLD and did a fresh install. Then I immediately installed Kharkov. I click on the desktop icon for Kharkov and the game launches just fine. From the very first menu on the upper left side I click "play game" and that's when I get the error message about not being able to find Scenario Files.

Also, if it helps or matters, the CCTLD Bloody Omaha Mod works just fine as I've just D/Led, installed, and started playing it.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Wonder if there are no battles, campaigns or ops for some reason???

Open Windows explorer and go to the Close Combat The Longest Day folder\Kharkov\Data\
Look in the battles folder, are there battles listed? s/b 64 files
Look in the campaign folder, are there campaigns listed? s/b 3 files
Look in the ops folder, are there ops listed? s/b 7 files

What version did you download?

Manual install version files; TLD_Kharkov_Mod_v_2.0.rar + TLD_Kharkov_Mod_Patch_v_2.2.rar and its working fine.

Auto installer has 2 versions; 1 for TLD and 1 for WAR did you grab the right version?

Rakassan

Post by Rakassan »

Yes, all battles, campaigns, and ops are there. I downloaded the TLD 2.2 auto install version (failed). I then tried the manual install 2.0 version (it also failed). With each one as soon as I click Play Game I get the error message.

I'd love to attach a screen shot showing the message but the forum says I can't upload a link for 7 days after my tenth post....no damn idea what that means....
Byzantine74

Post by Byzantine74 »

I've been having the same problem. Tried anything i could think of but no luck. Any help on this one?
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

I was able to leave the Battles directory empty in my Kharkov install and worked so it isn't an empty battles folders.

Do you have a the following 2 directories for the mod?
\Close Combat The Longest Day\Kharkov\Games\Battles
\Close Combat The Longest Day\Kharkov\Games\Save

I could start without them but it showed Longest Day editor made battles and saved games which if clicked on crashed my game. But I could get to the Command screen to select Battles, Ops or campaigns to play.

Another idea is that by default the game starts playing background music on the Command screen. Hold the Ctrl key when you start the game to get the Options screen and on the General tab try disabling music. You could also try different resolutions and change between full/windowed mode.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”