Which files to include for Mod DL?

Your place to ask and discuss scenario design or modding questions.

Moderator: Arjuna

Rooster

Which files to include for Mod DL?

Post by Rooster »

Hi -

Just getting to the point where I need to sort out which files I need to make available for the Hedgerows Mod, map and scenario. Here's what I plan to include in the Zip:
  • Terrain Grahphic files (color and B&W)
  • Scenario
  • Map
  • Map Cache

Anything else?? Where is the terrain element data stored?

Thanks!
Golf33

RE: Which files to include for Mod DL?

Post by Golf33 »

Terrain element data is stored in the map .aam file. There's technically no need to include the map cache since users can build it themselves.

Give me a couple of days and I'll knock up a readme template that you can include as well.

Regards
Steve Golf33 Long
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Thank you Golf - that'll be a big help![:)]

Here's the homepage for the mod - I haven't announced the site yet - so if you can suggest any other information to offer that will make it easy for people to DL and install, let me know and I'll post it.

http://hedgerowmod.blogspot.com/
Golf33

Post by Golf33 »

Rooster,

I've got a readme template done up for you (or anyone else who wants to put together an expansion pack) - PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you.

Since the package is beta, I'd recommend clearly labelling it as such - put "beta version x.xx" in the scenario briefings and possibly also name the files with something similar so people know which version they are using. Once you're happy with it, you can send the files to us and we'll package them as a self-extracting zip for you if you like.

Regards
Steve Golf33 Long
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Email addy sent - thanks! [:)]

Are the edited Estab files included with the scenario, then? How do they get used in a New Scenario - create a template with the first?
Golf33

Post by Golf33 »

I'm not sure I follow your question. The estab files are part of the game and can't be edited - do you mean the scenario files (.aas)?

If you mean the scenario file, we usually create one containing all the forces we want for future scenarios, and duplicate that to create the new ones. Once a new scenario is created you can delete units that aren't used to speed up loading times (this is optional of course and carries a slight risk of deleting something you do actually want).

You probably want the following files:

*.aas - your custom scenario files
*.aam - your new map files - you must include any map files used in your scenarios for them to work.
MapPat.bmp - map texture file
MapPatA.bmp - map transparency file

Regards
Steve Golf33 Long
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Ah - I see. I meant "forces" and not "estabs" - I was confusing the two.

Thanks!

Return to “Scenario Design & Modding [HTTR]”