Looking to Buy...

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: Arjuna

SabotTX

Looking to Buy...

Post by SabotTX »

Greetings all... I have been eyeballing this game for some time but I have always put it on the back burner for others which I purchased. I spent the day reading up on this title and Highway to the Reich. The other reason to pass it up was the lack of a demo. I sure don't like buying games without a test drive. I am also a fan of the battles in N.E. Europe. I started to research Highway to the Reich but it seems it's age has killed any mods or general interest. Seems most of the interest is here. A few questions: 1) I noticed a few mods but have not found any for N.E. Europe. Are there any? 2) Can I import data/units/scenarios from Highway to the Reich? If I had to pick one, which one should I pick: Highway to the Reich or COTA? I am not a die hard player, how easy is COTA to jump in and learn?

Thanks in advance!
Shoot'em until they burn...
simovitch

RE: Looking to Buy...

Post by simovitch »

Hi SabotTx,

Like most games, the interest on the message boards peaks shortly after a game is released, and dwindles down to spotty at best over the years as questions are answered and strategies discussed. If you are interested in NWE then I suggest picking up a copy of HTTR. It is still a great game and on the list of favorites for many gamers on this board.

If you search the web you may be able to find a discounted copy (<$20) of the full game from a legit game dealer.

There are a number of custom scenarios done for HTTR including Normandy and the Bulge. They are a bit hard to find these days but they can be found here. Also, go to the official COTA website and browse the Community Button - you 'll find several more goodies for both COTA and HTTR in The Airborne Assault Online Community.

EDIT: The components of the 2 games are not compatible, though some have tried with varying degrees of success. Also, I'm guessing that you have been to the Battles from the Bulge forum?

Both games come with well-written tutorials and the interface is very intuitive. The game mechanics are structured so that you can make it as difficult or as easy as you want to get the forces under your command to follow your orders.
simovitch

SabotTX

RE: Looking to Buy...

Post by SabotTX »

Thank you for the very nice response! I went ahead and bought a copy of Highway to the Reich. I am waiting for the Battles from the Bulge. Thank you again!
Shoot'em until they burn...

Return to “After Action Reports”