Download Patch V4.6.279

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Surtur

Download Patch V4.6.279

Post by Surtur »

Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Update

Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge has just received a new update! Released in May 2010, this unique real-time operational strategy title has been improved and refined since its original launch, taking into account player feedback and ideas. Patch V4.6.279 further improves upon the game and provides a better overall experience. We are very pleased with the continued support by developer Panther Games, who keep supporting their games long after release.

V4.6.279 – July 8 2014
• Fixes
◦ Included Richard's changes to data as per RGS-update 20140614.zip
◦ Mods to Resupply code to factor in task supply priorities into the priority of requests
◦ Mods to StandardDisbandReassessment() factoring in cases where there is no AFVs left and scaling persThreshold
◦ Commented out redundant assert in CanSlipAttack()
◦ Refactored ScenDepot::AllocateAndDespatchSupplies() creating several sub functions to facilitate reading code
◦ Mods to ScenFireEvent::AllocateAPerWeaponsToRangeBrackets() - revamped allocation of weapons to range brackets.
◦ Mods to ScenFireEvent::DetermineAcquisitionAndHighExplosiveMod() - removed code that double dipped the reduction of unit density.
◦ SMScenarioStatisticsDialog::OnInitDialog() now tests to see if we have and reinforcement schedules before trying to access them

Up to date fully converted data packs for Battles for Greece and Highway to the Reich are available in the Members Club for registered owners.

Grab the patch here.

Haplo_Patryn

RE: Download Patch V4.6.279

Post by Haplo_Patryn »

Link not working.

Thank your for the patches.
downtown

Post by downtown »

I am having issues also. Cannot find file.

Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Yep. Doesn't work.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

The patch can't be found anywhere. The links don't work, and it's not up in the members area under My Games. The update packs for HTTR and Greece download ok. But what do I do with them?
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

Extract into the appropriate folders I would think, overwriting the previous maps and scenarios.
Have: Socks. Deodorant. £2 gloves. Mince pies.
Want: Line formation banned until I give a specific order to use line formation. Troops that don't take lie-ins until 0800 unless ordered to never rest.
Remmes

Post by Remmes »

Downloading right now from the link in the first post by Surtur01
Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn »

Working now.
downtown

Post by downtown »

Just wondering if this is another beta, because when I try to use the "Check for Update" from the Main Game Menu I get "Error: Update information for Battles from the Bulge could not be downloaded. Please contact Matrix Games for help".

Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Got it.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I assume this was just a delay while the FTP servers across the various regions synced, as the link worked for me, but we are double-checking now.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
pekische

Post by pekische »

update doesn´t work... Matrix is lucky that its supporters are hardcore players. Otherwise you could close it. There are too many failures too often[&:]
springel

Post by springel »

Hmm, the patch downloaded OK, and worked fine, but I can't download the update packs for HTTR and Greece.
First time the downloads almost finished, but they hang in the last seconds. Then I tried different browsers, but now they don't even start. The browsers show 'unknown error' or 'the file cannot be downloaded'.

OK: another try, and now the downloads of the update packs succeeded
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

That's what I had for the patch, Springel, then it cleared. Maybe it's just volume of traffic or something, though I would find that hard to believe with this kind of niche game.

I have both patch and packs up and running now. Nice work, Dave. Thanks.
baldbrother

Post by baldbrother »

Thanks for all the work. All downloaded without trouble and seem to be working just fine.
TMO

Post by TMO »

Can't register my HTTR expansion pack (and therefore can't get the update). Problem (I think) is me changing my Member's login name because I forgot previous password. Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tim
TMO

Post by TMO »

OK, found old password and login name - still no joy. Get 'key already in use' message.#

Regards

Tim
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

TMO,

You need to raise this issue with Matrix Support
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
TMO

Post by TMO »

Thanks Dave they were very helpful and the problem is now sorted out.

Regards

Tim
AndyG1

Post by AndyG1 »

Struggling to complete the download. Reaches 8 seconds to go every time, then asks me if I want to resume the download- but nothing ever happens. Tried it with Virusscanner off last time, still the same scenario. At my internet speeds in Australia, it's a good 50 minutes to download. So getting to 49 and bit every time is a bit frustrating. Help:). Anyone have any idea why this is so?

UPDATE - tried one more time with Virusscanner disabled - this time it has completed. Phew:).

Return to “Command Ops Series”