Map Design?

Post here to discuss scenario, campaign, data and art editing as well as any mods to Panzer Command.

Moderator: koiosworks

gijas17

Map Design?

Post by gijas17 »

b][/b]Just some off-the-wall questions:

Last time I checked which has been ages ago (July-06) you could not do this with the scenario editor but I have seen some new scenario pics (user-made) that made me wonder if it was possible now and I'm totally missing something here. It would be wonderful to do though for strategic reasons.

Also, on some another web-site (can't find which one) I saw a game box photo of PC and there was a beautiful picture on the front/back? of two Panzers and near-by a couple buildings in rubble (reminds me of CMB) with a stunning golden sunset................where is this level and scene in the game/campaign?
"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Erik Rutins

RE: Map Design?

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: gijas
Last time I checked which has been ages ago (July-06) you could not do this with the scenario editor but I have seen some new scenario pics (user-made) that made me wonder if it was possible now and I'm totally missing something here. It would be wonderful to do though for strategic reasons.
No, the maps are 3D meshes - basically hand-drawn in 3D software. In theory, if you have the software you could do it but it's not something the current free tools that come with the game can handle.

However, the good news is that we have plans on this front... more info later.
Also, on some another web-site (can't find which one) I saw a game box photo of PC and there was a beautiful picture on the front/back? of two Panzers and near-by a couple buildings in rubble (reminds me of CMB) with a stunning golden sunset................where is this level and scene in the game/campaign?

That's probably the last scenario in the Soviet campaign, based on your description.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
gijas17

RE: Map Design?

Post by gijas17 »

Thanks for your response. I will look for updates on Map Design in the future.

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”