Tooltips in menus?

A brand new campaign-based 3D tactical engine covering combat in World War II, from the developers at Koios Works. The first operation covered is the famous "Wintergewitter" or Winter Storm, a desperate attempt by Hoth's 57th Panzer Korps to break through to the encircled 6th Armee at Stalingrad and the Soviet counter-attack by 2nd Guards Army that drove them back.

Moderator: koiosworks

LarryP

Tooltips in menus?

Post by LarryP »

Are there tooltips that pop up in the menus when you hover the mouse over controls and such? [&:]
junk2drive

RE: Tooltips in menus?

Post by junk2drive »

Yes

From the main menu, select options, then tooltips "on".
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

OK, good. However I just read over at Gamespot that this game has path finding problems with tanks getting stuck. Has this been fixed do you know?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Ever seem a traffic jam in Combat Mission?

I don't think computers are at the point where there won't be some pathfinding problems in any 3D RT or WEGO game.

I don't see a major problem if you manage your units properly.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Yeah you're right there. However I have three of the Combat Mission series and the first two are not very bad. Shock Force stinks though.

I mainly wondered if it was a constant problem rather than occasionally. You know how those reviews can be tainted, especially Gamespot when it's a war game title. [;)]
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Get the demo and see for yourself.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Larry,

It's not a major issue - we did improve pathfinding and collision detection for Kharkov though. However, if you play Winter Storm as a wargame with even half of the historical spacing between squads/vehicles, rather than "RTS-style" (where folks take a bunch of units, jam them together in a mob and then rush them to the enemy) there shouldn't be any issues.

As noted above though, there is a demo available for Winter Storm if you want to give it a try.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Eric;

I will give the demo a try. I did not know or expect a demo to be available. I'll go get it now! Thank you.

I know what you mean about jamming units together, I try not to do that. Bad habit.

Return to “Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm”