PBEM question

A brand new campaign-based 3D tactical engine covering combat in World War II, from the developers at Koios Works. The first operation covered is the famous "Wintergewitter" or Winter Storm, a desperate attempt by Hoth's 57th Panzer Korps to break through to the encircled 6th Armee at Stalingrad and the Soviet counter-attack by 2nd Guards Army that drove them back.

Moderator: koiosworks

elmo3

PBEM question

Post by elmo3 »

Sorry if this has been asked already. Can you play a campaign PBEM and have units carry over for both sides or is each PBEM game a stand alone contest? Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Laryngoscope

RE: PBEM question

Post by Laryngoscope »

Sorry, no.
"It is not a Commonwealth division, it is an Australian Division. Why, give me two Australian Divisions and I will conquer the world for you!"

-- Erwin Rommel
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

No problem. Maybe it could be considered in the future. Just bought Winter Storm today and it looks like there are plenty of scenarios for PBEM without a campaign capability.

I asked this in the Kharkov thread but will cross post here: Will the Winter Storm scenario upgrades be included as part of the Kharkov release or will they come later?
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: elmo3
asked this in the Kharkov thread but will cross post here: Will the Winter Storm scenario upgrades be included as part of the Kharkov release or will they come later?
You can play the WS scenarios with Kharkov. When you do you use the new features in the old scenarios. They play somewhat different when you can use smoke to cover your movement. And all the new commands, rules, path finding and visual aids work. Though the old maps don't have nice things like foxholes, trenches and gun pits.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

OK thanks, that clarifies it for me.

WitE alpha/beta tester

Return to “Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm”