Can't we all just get along?

Starshatter: The Gathering Storm extends the classic space sim by combining fighter and starship combat in a single dynamic campaign game.
tn_prvteye

Can't we all just get along?

Post by tn_prvteye »

Okay, there seems to be a few recent threads that have turned rather negative.

I sympathize with those of you who feel that this product is fatally flawed and has been abandoned. However, I am enjoying it as is, and have not had any show stopping bugs so far. The latest Beta Patch (for those that can get it) works well with TrackIR and the campaigns do not crash.

For those with problems, maybe if we all calmed down a bit we could get them solved. What specific issues are you having? Please no "the graphic's suck" or "this game sucks" comments, only legitimate bugs...and yes there are a few.

Yes, the graphics are out-dated by today's standards, and it seems that the creator is nowhere to be found. This is a bit puzzling to me as Milo used to be very active in the community, and he was always around to answer questions. Maybe something's happened to him, maybe he working on something else...I don't know. Just the fact that there IS a beta patch out leads me to believe work is still being done...albeit at a slow pace.

Let's face it, Space Sims aren't the big biz they used to be. I'm sorry that some of you feel you've wasted your money and been abandoned. Call me a fanboi, but I really like the game, and would like to help others enjoy it, too. Just don't expect it to be something it's not.

And in the end, if you don't like it, there's not much else we can do. I've spent money on plenty of games that I thought "sucked" but other people really liked. Chalk it up to a life experience. Uninstall it and move on.

Please just remember that there are some of us who DO like it and are enjoying it very much. It pains me to see this forum like this, as it used to be a very open and friendly place.

Okay, I'll get off my soap-box.

-Steve
Pastro

RE: Can't we all just get along?

Post by Pastro »

Maybe , because there are more post in Tech Support than here. Thanks for your words, but to many people the game not working well .
Me Track ir no works fine, with the beta 5.03. The game back to the desktop many times.
The campaign and misions are the same as the first starshatter, I have problems for use an X-52 with the pedals CH , when there is an option for both.
My PC is more than enough to run the game (3.2 Ghz, 2GB Ram, Ati HD3800, XP)
I appreciate the new patch. Last patch of 2007? and not repair nothing.
Maybe only have failures at me...
[/align]
[/align][/align]
tn_prvteye

Post by tn_prvteye »

When does it CTD, only during the campaign?  Have you tried re-installing?  I've got the X52, but I don't know about the Pedals.  Have you tried reconfiguring the axis in the game?  I don't know if that'll work the CH pedals or not.

And yes, the campaigns and missions ARE the same...it's basically just a graphical update.  I know that there are quite a few people who were upset about that...especially after buying BOTH.

I'm sorry to hear that it's not working for you, I hope that it can get sorted.
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

OK, I will stop being negative if matrixgames gives me another game for free or a refund. Their choice.
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

Hey, just saw that they offered a refund to another dude who posted in the tech by gamers for gamers forum and yet they never offered me one. Oh well, I bought mine at the store and not directly from here anyway.

Return to “Starshatter: The Gathering Storm”