Thank you Veterans - From whatever country you serve

A forum for discussion of real world football leagues, teams, players, and coaches.

Moderator: David Winter

garysorrell

Thank you Veterans - From whatever country you serve

Post by garysorrell »

A big belated thanks to all the military veterans out there, who are willing to give up a chunk of their life to serve their country. They make it possible for us to sit around on our arses( is that correct Mykal [:)] )and play games and generally goof off.

I spent 7yrs in the US Navy and have met military people from all over the globe, and regardless of the language we speak, we serve for a common reason, love of our country.

I know some of the coolest dudes ever are some RAF chaps I met while stationed in Italy. Lots of NATO members used our airfield. We had a Westland Wessex and her crew spend a few days with us due to mechanical difficulties. They flew the parts in on the big stretch C-130 Hercules...what a beast!
And I met many Royal Navy and Italian Navy guys in downtown Naples...sharing that common hobby of drinking and chasing ladies. Those were the days, party on the taxpayer...hmm, maybe I should thank people back [8D][8D]

Oh, and you have to luv this.....Pirates, I mean, freakin pirates!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7725771.stm

Mykal

RE: Thank you Veterans - From whatever country you serve

Post by Mykal »

Yep Gary, thats correct, your US word for the same means a whole other thing here [X(]

I'll 2nd your sentiment
although I am actually anti war
I do appreciate those who gave there time, effort and lives in defence of our freedom
Big Up Ras-pect to the Veterans
and Thoughts & Prayers for those who lost their lives and their families.

Blessings
garysorrell

RE: Thank you Veterans - From whatever country you serve

Post by garysorrell »

You would be suprised, or maybe not, that most military people are anti-war also. Yes, there are the Rambo types that crave action, but most would prefer to never have to kill, or be killed(obviously). In the ugly debates and heated exchanges that often surround this topic, people often forget that many, if not most, who serve are doing so because they love their country, and want to protect it and their allies. My father was a career police officer and was proud that he never had to shoot anyone. He was able to do his job in a manner that provided he never had to shoot.

Return to “The Red Zone!”