New Here

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

WORP

New Here

Post by WORP »

Hi

Just bought this game. Its a change from my normal games, in I like Military Subjects the most in WW2. However I do also have an interest in the Space Race and the Cold War and this looks fascinating. How well is this game supported. Ive only done the tutorial so far.

How about a nice game of chess
rommel222

RE: New Here

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings WORP,
Welcome to the BASPM forums. I am a college physics professor and use BASPM in my History of Space Exploration courses as a computer simulation lab. Being just shy of 65 years of age, I lived through the great space race and BASPM brings back the memories.

Support wise the game has been patched several times since release 3+ years ago but no further expansions/content. But BASPM has good replay value, especially in sandbox mode. My students often find different approaches/strategies to get to the Moon.

Definitely check out the AARs by CV60 for the U.S. & U.S.S.R. campaigns for strategy. I require my students to use them as templates for their lab reports.

There are hundreds of youtube videos (just google BASPM and click on videos) that are usually 25 to 35 minutes in length which are good for hints on how to set goals and proceed in BASPM.

I too have pursued WWII games both computer and board games. I highly recommend the matrixgames offerings for tactical, operational and strategic.

If you like space strategy games check out Distant Worlds Universe and its forum here. I am immersed in it. Very deep 4X space game experience like no other.
tombo

Post by tombo »

WORP...so do u like the game and would u buy it again?
szmike

Post by szmike »

I've bought it during Christmas sale and being skeptical after reading reviews I enjoyed it immensly for what it is.
You have to ignore not so flashy graphics (oh, what it could be with real one, CoD style! [:D] ) and a bit too much clicking though.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”