USNI # 5 ' Retreat '

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
JRyan

USNI # 5 ' Retreat '

Post by JRyan »

USNI # 5 Retreat

Pretty interesting Scenario really. I started in good shape, got my 14's in the air, but had to reconfigure my 18's to ATA loads. That was 30 minutes of nail-biting. One Tico did not survive my discovery of the Kiev group and a AS-6 Kingfish found its way through my screen and found its target.

Once the 14's cycled through a reload, I have achieved somewhat air superiority. The waves of attacks were dealt with by the 14's and 18's.

One thing I have noticed about the newest HCE. Subs are DEADLY. Two of my losses, where just notices of a ship being hit and sinking. Sneaky indeed.

I chose to run, to get to a safe place as the scenario was designed. I had a little help from some Tornado and Phantoms watching my rear.

All in all, a good scen, and once again the subs are hard to deal with. Yow will find yourself changing directions quite often!

Attachments
USNIRetreat.jpg
USNIRetreat.jpg (74.8 KiB) Viewed 476 times
But By Grace Go I.......
JRyan

RE: USNI # 5 ' Retreat '

Post by JRyan »

I will attach the AAR if someone wants it. Strange, I always seem to have a ship run aground in HC. You would think those in the bridge would not try to make it a land vehicle. I could have caught it except the time compression was too much so my bad. Plus, I should have adjusted the Formation to reflect the change in course of the battle group.
Attachments
USNI_5_Retreat.txt
(256.85 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
But By Grace Go I.......
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Have you tried the remake of this scenario present in the HC Demo? I'd love to see comparison AARs.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

ORIGINAL: TonyE Have you tried the remake of this scenario present in the HC Demo? I'd love to see comparison AARs.

I just played the one that came with HUE....What is the name of the other scen and what battleset?
But By Grace Go I.......
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Strangely enough it is only in the demo as yet. There is a limit to the number of battlesets we can put in the full game (a limit I'll raise someday since it isn't too difficult) so it hasn't appeared there yet.

http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?showtopic=3446

It will not interfere with your full game install.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

Ah, I will have to try it I guess.....

But By Grace Go I.......
CV32

Post by CV32 »

Yeah, I'd be interested in whether your experience with the demo version is any different. Tougher? Easier? [:)]
Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

About 75% through will update when done. IT IS VERY DIFFERENT!
But By Grace Go I.......
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

OK results are in, much tougher scenario. My F-14's and F-18's took a beating but scored many hits. I tried to stay and fight it out during the retreat. My goal was to keep the airfields from launching missiles.

I was a fair job, as some got through. The IKE got hit twice but was able to maintain operations etc.

The CV Fleet had to wait, once half my 14's could keep air superiority, the rest of the planes stated the strikes. It took 4 waves, but mission accomplished, and the last ship, A Slava, was taken by a flight of Orion's.

Once the Flankers were weaned, the MiG23's and Backfires we easy to handle with the help of F-15's from Iceland.

The last 2/3 of the journey were unmolested except for a few dead whales and some pesky Kilo's.

It ended in a draw, as I guess I did not get far enough south as the IKE was limited in speed. I think I got it as I only lost some FFG's and a Spruance.

MUCH TOUGHER SCENARIO. The AI is much better. Wave after Wave....

I had fun..

Attachments
Retreat1.jpg
Retreat1.jpg (160.44 KiB) Viewed 476 times
But By Grace Go I.......
CV32

Post by CV32 »

Thanks for sharing your experience with the demo version. I'm glad you enjoyed it. [8D]
Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner
TimOusley

Post by TimOusley »

Interesting comment about the subs. I've noticed that in H3 UE, the subs seem much stealthier also. In the Indian Ocean scenario, I took out nearly the entire Kusnetzov carrier group with one LA class sub. Before, if they even sniffed you at 15 miles you'd get a torp-carrying missile and it's all over. Not so any more. Very stealthy at depth and creep speed or lying in wait. I ran out of weapons or I would've gotten them all. Not sure what version this behavior showed up in, but it makes it a lot more fun being the sub driver.
Tim O.
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

Yeah I know,

When I get even a sniff of a sub, lots of resources are launched immediately, and not just 3 torps either. 8-10....that way at least 2-3 hit.

Very sneaky they are, which is good, and it has made me change the way I deal with a sub contact on defense. On offense, it is much better. I always had troubles getting kills with subs. Couldn't get close enough most of the time.
But By Grace Go I.......

Return to “After Action Reports”