Tools for creating mods?

Post your mods for Hired Guns here.
Tirius_Banner

Tools for creating mods?

Post by Tirius_Banner »

Greetings! I was just trying to acquire some information about creating mods for Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge. But since I'm kind of new to that, I was wondering... could anyone give me a little bit of advice on what tools or programs to use, and how to get started? If there's already a post written about it, then by all means tell me about it!

Thanks a lot for your help! [:)]
When in doubt, empty your magazine!
Reinforce

RE: Tools for creating mods?

Post by Reinforce »

Photoshop for makeing icons and reskinning, Microsoft XML for editing and saveing the XMLs and a good old notepad for the rest. Thats about all I can think of.. all I ever used anyways.. not sure if Foraven had anything extra that he used. The only other program needed is the Material packer but thats already with the game in the Mats folder. I went over that in another post however.

Much love,
Reinforce
Foraven

Post by Foraven »

I use notepad ++. Really nice program that can handle a lot of file types and help a lot when messing with lua files (avoid corrupting them too).
blemishednicely

Post by blemishednicely »

I use notepad ++. Really nice program that can handle a lot of file types and help a lot when messing with lua files (avoid corrupting them too).

I have that too, but tend not to use it as much as reg NP...any recommended plug-ins?

Also, anyone tried Photoplus SE?(the free one/I ain't got no 9.99 w/o confirms, haha), no real photo exp so my botches might blind me to poss incompat's...vet opinion? do the Adobe plug-ins work with it?

-EDIT-
TOTALLY forget about Photoplus SE as far as the trial goes. I opened it 3-5 times and the pop-ups...GAWD the pop-ups! The only applause this particular imaging program deserves is from a loosely-aimed shotgun. Why do people insist on destroying these things with ANNOYING content like that? Bloody AWEFUL!

"No, just a wild stab in the dark...which is, incidentally, what you'll be receiving if you don't start being more helpful"
-Black Adder
I mean think about it, the Y chromosome is really just an incomplete X...

Return to “Mods”