AARs-Dawn Patrol MP & Power Sweep MP

Post reports of your decisive victories and infamous defeats here to share with other wargamers.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

RedMike

AARs-Dawn Patrol MP & Power Sweep MP

Post by RedMike »

Herman and I played a MP game of Dawn Patrol built with the PlayersDB today and I must say I had a great time. It's really the best way to play Harpoon. I wasn't really taking notes so this is a brief summary of events. Herman is a really sneaky dude. He played the Soviets and I played the heroic Norwegians. Herman put a missile or two into three of my Huggins PTMs but I was able to return a few into two of his nasty Nanuchkas and managed to secure a victory. Not bad for my first MP game against the "Herminator". Thank you to FreekS for hosting the game on his server. Much appreciated.

We went on to play a second game of Power Sweep I believe. Not sure of the correct scenario title. Herman kicked my Soviet butt as I tried to exit the south edge, but I did manage to get one of his uboats, heh heh. It was a lot of fun and I highly recommend MP to all.

Next time I'll try and take some proper notes for AARs. Herman got the drop on me this time.

Thanks again to FreekS!!

RedMike...out
Hannibal ad portas
hermanhum

Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB

Post by hermanhum »

Super report. Today, we welcomed a very dangerous opponent to ANW MP. RedMike has been trying to get in for a game and finally took the plunge.

We started off with Dawn Patrol and I commanded the Russians. As we both crept around with our radar silent, one of my boats 'bumped' into one of his. We exchanged rapid gunfire, but he was able to launch a volley of SSMs back at me. I shredded his Hugin PTM, but my own boat was in dire straits with 82% of her flotation destroyed. Determined not to sink with my weapons still aboard, I fired a few of them on Bearing-Only-Launch and conducted a personal "reconnaissance by fire".

I got lucky and found another one of his boats with an SS-N-9 Siren. Unfortunately, he managed to launch his missiles in a last act of desperation and sank my damaged Nanuchka.

We kept poking around in the dark until another Hugin was detected. As before, we exchanged missiles and both ships were lost. However, RedMike had achieved his ViConds and was thus awarded victory. Congratulations on your first game of ANW MP. [&o]

Many thanks to Freek for the use of his server.

Attachments
Dawn.gif
Dawn.gif (9.29 KiB) Viewed 188 times

Return to “After Action Reports”