PBME Game

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
kriegmarine

PBME Game

Post by kriegmarine »

I'm playing a PBME game, but what do i have to send?
I have compressed a file ( /Data/PBME/Turno( file name)), and i have sent it to my opponent......it is OK?
cpdeyoung

RE: PBME Game

Post by cpdeyoung »

Zip up the whole game folder, but not the file "repo.dat" which is in the PBEM folder. If your game is called "Turno" then zip this folder, and send it off.  Your opponent will send you back a Turno folder and you will replace yours with the one he sends you.

The questions meant to be answered by the Allied or Soviet player may come to the Axis (first) player, so the Axis player should pass the question on to the appropriate player to get an answer.

Have fun with your PBEM game!

Chuck
kriegmarine

Post by kriegmarine »

Thanks for the answer. I have another question:
I have sent the first turn to my opponent, but he haven`t seen my movement....is it impossible to see?
we can not see the movements of the opponent?
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

No, but you can sure see the results!  For example, just now I am awaiting a turn from Gary Gardner.  When I finished my last turn there was a gaping hole in my lines.  I am in anxious anticipation to see how he will exploit this hole.  He will send me the fileset at the completion of his turn and I will go through the reports to see what attacks he made and so on.

This PBEM module was a "bolt on" and it is not, at all, sophisticated, but it is fun.  It requires communication, and a lot of integrity between the players, consideration and even kindness help.  Gary and I have not done naval battles of consequence, but only he will see them.  He will have to jot down what happened and tell me, for example : "North Atlantic : we met, Ger : 1 BB(8), 1 BB(6), 5 CA(4), 1 CA(2), 2 SS(2) vs. GB : 2 CV(12), 5 BB(8), 7 CA(4), 1 SS)(2).  At end Ger : 2 BB(3), 3 CA(2), 0 SS and GB : 1 CV(7), 1 CV(11), 2 BB(8), 2 BB(6), 1 BB(3), 3 CA(4),  1Ca(1), 0 SS)." Of course "before and after screen shots would be even better.  The same goes for events like partisans, Malta, etc.  The two players have to work at being fair to one another, but it is worth the work because this game is a ton of fun to play against a human.

I hope you have a ball, and hope you, and you opponent, might put together an "after action report" to let us all share in your experience.  It does not have to be fancy, but it can be fun!

Best of luck to you both,

Chuck
kriegmarine

Post by kriegmarine »

Thanks for your answer cpdeyoung. Now im playing a WITP game, and im doing a AAR, in a Spanish witp forum, but maybe when I can play well, beacuse im learnig to play this game, I made a AAR of my PBME game.[:)]

Return to “Tech Support”