Weird Display Problem

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
lancerunolfsson

Weird Display Problem

Post by lancerunolfsson »

Just downloaded installed and patched to the current 1.3 whatever.

Any way only part of the game screen appears on my monitor. Seems to mostly be missing like the bottom 1/8th of the game screen so for instance there is a third choice bellow "preferences on the first screen but i am only seeing the very top of the button and none of the word saying what it is. then it cuts to my desk top. Missing some of the right side of the screen aswell. so any way i can't play this thing or even get out of the preferences screen or out of the game without <ctrl> <alt> <delete>

Thanks for your time

Oh and by the way is there a text version of the manual. The PDF is near unreadable? (of course this is how I feel about all PDF's;^)
If you are near Medford Oregon Check out,

http://lancerunolfsson.googlepages.com/home
(Also some free Downloadable Miniature Rules and a Free Downloadable 7YW Board Game)
doomtrader

RE: Weird Display Problem

Post by doomtrader »

What is your screen resolution?
&nbsp;
Are you using wide screen with vertical resolution less than 768?
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

BTW:

IIRC I've got the same problem when I was playing in windowed mode with resolution set to 1024x768.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

BTW:

IIRC I've got the same problem when I was playing in windowed mode with resolution set to 1024x768.

I have the same problem when I play in a Window at 1024x768! What resolution would you suggest for Window Mode? Of course I would be happy to see the map of Europe when in the Fleet or Diplomatic Screen(s). I wonder if my screen resolution would have anything to do with it?? Nah, I don't think so...
Tony
lancerunolfsson

Thanks guys
Yeah it was the window3d mode that messed it up and yeah 1024x 768 only way I got it to work was to uninstall reinstall which brought back the full screen default.

That delt with I really think I'm going to get my moneys worth out of this one. Has some neat features.

(Also some free Downloadable Miniature Rules and a Free Downloadable 7YW Board Game)
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: lancerunolfsson

Thanks guys
Yeah it was the window3d mode that messed it up and yeah 1024x 768 only way I got it to work was to uninstall reinstall which brought back the full screen default.

That delt with I really think I'm going to get my moneys worth out of this one. Has some neat features.

That's exactly what I had to do to get back to full screen mode. Not a very clean way to change things!!!
Tony
lancerunolfsson

That's exactly what I had to do to get back to full screen mode. Not a very clean way to change things!!!

Yeah not very clean but at least a fix. And ya know back the old days that was always the first thing i would try if something was wonky. Feel kind of dumb not thinking about it right out the gate. OTH probably needs to be ironed out 'cause lots of guys I'm guessing that don't go back to DOS with their computer experience are not at all used to coming up with work arounds.

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Personaly I use 1280x960 or 1400x1050, always in windowed mode.

If another time you will have this problem go to:
Drive_and_Game_installation_path:\World War 2 Road to Victory\data\GlobalSettings.csv
and in second line change first value from 1 to 0

Treale, I'm really sorry for your problem but we didn't been able to track the cause :(

Return to “Tech Support”