Problem running game Graphics

Trade tips and tricks, workarounds maps, and graphics mods. Why certain scenarios or campaigns are favorites, or how to improve stinkers. Attach your work to share/critique.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

demyansk

Problem running game Graphics

Post by demyansk »

I have a new machine running spwaw but when I click on the start line it comes up with ablack screen and then i left click the mouse and the screen is like purple, pink colors for the game? I tried to run the game via xp and i am using a lcd 24" monitor

thanks
junk2drive

RE: Problem running game Graphics

Post by junk2drive »

The game only runs in 800x600 4:3 full screen. There are some suggestions at www.spwaw.com

Or you could try the program that runs any game in a window. I'll find the thread and bump it for you.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks for the suggestion, I looked all around last night to try to get the game to work.  I do have the game working with my old machine right behind me but I am the type of person that wants to figure this out.  I love this game and since I have a lot of room on the hard drive it can be played. 

Thanks guys and if you have an answer send it to me

thanks dem
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I got the game running through a program that allows you ro run the game in window mode

http://www.filefront.com/13838785/D3DWindower-English/
grumbles

Post by grumbles »

[:(]These are all great suggestions (at least in my case none are working), but let's face it they are bandaids at best. Geez, it would seem to me that maybe now's the time to redo SP. A rework of graphics to fit higher res videocards/monitors; maybe an improved interface, and some other stuff. Don't think you'd have a problem charging folks for this. IMHO their other games I've tried are sorta "ehh" by comparison; I'd certainly pay for it.
They could do what boardgame companies have tried, which is to propose the changes and poll the community. Those interested can pony up some bucks at a reduced release price. When the number reaches a specified level, begin development; one already has some upfront capital to reduce costs.
But that's just me.
"Hoping is not Planning"

Return to “SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns”