Off Map Artillery

Share your best tactics, strategies and gameplay tips with other gamers here.

Moderator: rickier65

Mad Russian

Off Map Artillery

Post by Mad Russian »

Remember that you want to target your artillery to where you opponent will be when it hits. If the enemy is moving target where he's moving to not where he's at.

Another important factor when considering artillery plots is where are your guys going? You don't want artillery falling on your own men. Something that happened with regularity in during the war and where the term "Friendly Fire" originated.

Hitting infantry in buildings is a really good idea. Infantry in buildings are extremely tough to dig out. Artillery helps that process.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
junk2drive

RE: Off Map Artillery

Post by junk2drive »

If you play as Soviets with SOW rules remember the increased delay when artillery will arrive and cooldown. If you cancel fire, it will also be delayed.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

In the PC game series there is a process where the artillery shoots for a time and then stops shooting for the guns to cool off. This cooling down period means you have no artillery shells coming down from heaven. Just know that the artillery will more than likely not just shoot continuously until they are out of shells.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Rocket artillery will fire all of its rounds on the first volley. It is inaccurate but impressive.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

Rocket artillery will fire all of its rounds on the first volley. It is inaccurate but impressive.

It's very impressive! But it's bad to be on the receiving end.
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

Hello,

I just hate the rocket artillery - get shot down with my troops in the first scenario - even though I did not take losses otherwise - what can i do to avoid stuff like this??? I really hate 5 units getting killed by the rocket rain - actually hate even onw to get killed [:-]

How many losses can one afford anyway during a long campaign?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Steelwarrior,

Have you already updated to the latest public beta update? That one significantly reduces the heavy artillery and rocket artillery in the long campaigns.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

Hi,

I will only keep on playing when this artillery will stop killing 30-50% of my tanks plus air support killing another 1-3 tanks - and I mean already in the first scenario [:-] on normal in battle one of 127 - is this done by the beta patch? Where can i find it
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: steelwarrior

Hi,

I will only keep on playing when this artillery will stop killing 30-50% of my tanks plus air support killing another 1-3 tanks - and I mean already in the first scenario [:-] on normal in battle one of 127 - is this done by the beta patch? Where can i find it

Steelwarrior,

The Beta patch reduces the heavy artillery available during Random Campaigns, and should help with your concern about excessive causualties due to Artillery in the Random Campaigns. You should be able to find it in the members section.

Thanks
Rick

Return to “The War Room”