End Of War Let Down

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

hcsimulator

End Of War Let Down

Post by hcsimulator »

This post was almost made as an after action report but decided to put it here.

After several false starts as the Entente, I finally decided to play a game through to the end, no matter what. Russia although resurgent, took an early exit, again, in 1916. The Western Allies, Serbia,Italy and Romania fought on. Serbia and Romania were finally knocked out of the war but by this time I had perfected what I thought as a war winning attrition strategy with tanks, air power and most of all built up artillery shell production. Losses for AH and Turkey were well in excess of the hits they inflicted on me. Germany had just over 1000 kills at war's end, but also almost 1000 losses. Try as I might to kill units the front lines were filled with more units, many from Bulgaria.

After investing several hours into playing out the war I thought that at the least I would be able to see how far I had eroded the Central Powers national morale. To my chagrin, all I witnessed at war's end was a simple screen that I said I had suffered a marginal defeat. IMO, this was a let down and the thought came to mind that the end of game was a complete let down and that my time invested was pretty much a waste of time.

IMO, it would be a nice upgrade to give the human player, even in defeat, the ability to see how low the AI's national morale got at war's end. At least with that info, you would be more inclined to invest time again to see if you could improve, if not being able to win an outright victory. I'm not suggesting some extravagant end of war video, just a look at the other side's NM.

Another "small" issue. I am almost certain that I witnessed the AI attacking me out of a hex (red Arrow) THEM moving out of the hex (blue arrow) and another enemy unit moving into the vacated hex and taking another pot shot at my already reduced unit. I was playing at the normal level with no advantages to either side, or at least I thought that.

After several hours invested in CTG, I believe it will soon be joining my collection of games that I hve been removed from my hard drive. If I would have known about the lame end of war presentation, I would not have purchased the game, let alone invested many hours into it.
operating

RE: End Of War Let Down

Post by operating »

Your observations about the game have been noticed by other players, as for myself, the way the game ends leaves me with an empty feeling also, even with an ultimate victory. Have not been playing lately, hopeing that the game developers, somehow make the game more interesting than it's current form.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
operating

RE: End Of War Let Down

Post by operating »

Your observations about the game have been noticed by other players, as for myself, the way the game ends leaves me with an empty feeling also, even with an ultimate victory. Have not been playing lately, hopeing that the game developers, somehow make the game more interesting than it's current form.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest

Return to “The War Room”