Great fps perfomance increase with 1.08Q patch

This revised and updated turn-based grand strategy game from the team at AGEOD brings players back to World War I, including both the Eastern and Western fronts and over 4 campaigns and 10 scenarios. As either a member of the Central Powers, the Entente or a neutral nation, players will confront the epic gauntlet of military and political challenges that faced the likes of Kitchener, Joffre, Luddendorf, Clemenceau, Czar Nicholas II or Enver Pasha.
gamer78

Great fps perfomance increase with 1.08Q patch

Post by gamer78 »

I have tried and I can say all the problems solved with slow frame rate. It triples my previous frame rate. Recommend to anyone playing this game to apply this patch. Can be found in ageod forum.
RJinVA_slith

RE: Great fps perfomance increase with 1.08Q patch

Post by RJinVA_slith »

I'm pleased to corroborate Baris. The new beta patch (1.08Q) has fixed all the mouse problems on my hardware, and others are reporting similar success on the AGEOD web page. I can finally run the game without mouse problems. And it looks great.

If you've reluctantly shelved this game because of the previous mouse problems, as I did, it's time to give it another look. It's a pleasure to play through it without interface difficulty.

The beta patch 1.08Q also has a demo version, so you can try the new patch via the demo without risk. I would highly recommend this path for anyone who hasn't tried this unique game yet.

Please note that this is still a public beta patch, and all normal caveats for public beta software apply. But the patch has undergone several iterations in the past few days, and I believe the developer expects to make it official quite soon. See the AGEOD webpage for up to date information. I've run the latest Q version (from this morning) without difficulty so far. It looks like it's close to completion.

It's great to have this game running! Thanks to all involved.

RJinVA
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

1.08Q is now the new official patch. Here the link: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... atch-1-08Q
RJinVA_slith

Post by RJinVA_slith »

Thank you calvinus! With this fix I've finally been able to experience the full WWI Gold game as it was meant to be, and I can tell you I am more and more amazed with it as I play.

I now understand why so many call it the best WWI game available. It feels like a geopolitical simulation as much as a war game. Well done.

Take care and congratulations on solving these problems.

RJinVA
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Agreed and many thanks, Calvinus!

The subtlety, depth and possibilities inherent in the WW1G campaigns are really amazing and those who binned the game early or passed on to the new and shiny are missing out on a real strategic masterpiece. Nobody can ever accuse game play of being particularly easy but I have learned to enjoy it for what it is and tolerate whatever faults and quirks that may still exist.

Besides, writing JSGME ready mods is fairly easy so one can tweak it pretty much to taste.
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Randomizer

Agreed and many thanks, Calvinus!

The subtlety, depth and possibilities inherent in the WW1G campaigns are really amazing and those who binned the game early or passed on to the new and shiny are missing out on a real strategic masterpiece. Nobody can ever accuse game play of being particularly easy but I have learned to enjoy it for what it is and tolerate whatever faults and quirks that may still exist.

Besides, writing JSGME ready mods is fairly easy so one can tweak it pretty much to taste.

Well said..I will always stand by opinion that WW1 Gold is the only WW1 game worth owning..it has everything and it all feels right. Infact it's my all time Grand Strat game of any era.

Return to “World War One Gold”