Pileing on the leading player.

Please post any comments regarding limited beta versions available via the Members' Club here.
Budgie

Pileing on the leading player.

Post by Budgie »

This has been mentioned before.

Never did ALL the nations of Europe ALL decide to take on France (the ultimate badboy) at once.

As Austria I run 3 diplomats ,all on charm. And smilies are showing up in regards my nations by at least 4 other nations.
I have declared war on no major powers and only declared on and taken one minor.

However, all nations of Europe have decided to eliminate me. ALL are at war with me.

I'm swatting mosquitoes with a baseball bat and batting 1,000.

They send huge armies against me . I kill em.

They send tiny armies against me. (their generals should be shot) - I kill em.

I have defeated in battle every nation's, army and corps sent against me. Consistently and repeatably. My prisoner count is a national embarrassment to them - not my nation.

Please in future patches.
Force nations that suffer huge losses to offer a cease fire or surrender as a result of losing major battles (not just conquering their capital) or as a result of the number of POW's, of that nation, that the enemy nation holds.

The computer AI seems to be playing , with no regards for nation morale or losses incurred.

This is "all out war"

[:(] Perhaps I'm not killing enough of them. [:(]

I Game I Saw I Conquered

"And though the Ferris wheel spins round
my tongue it seems has run aground
and croaks as my befuddled brain
shines on brightly, quite insane "
--Shine On --Shine On --
- Procol Harum
ravinhood

RE: Pileing on the leading player.

Post by ravinhood »

Try using autocalc instead of tactical battles and then see how well you survive. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Budgie

Post by Budgie »

Sorry guys:  I didn't mean to sound like bragging here. My Austria troops are way teched up . 2x France who is the next highest in tech leader.

And I generally sit on the highest ridgeline in the area and just defend, so I can claim no strategic genius.

All I really wanted to make as a point is the aspect of a nation continuing to suffer huge losses and not ask for terms.

Not every nation had Russia's WWII impressive resolve to continue a costly war.

I Game I Saw I Conquered

--Shine On --Shine On --
- Procol Harum
Budgie

Post by Budgie »

[:o] Sorry folks. I somehow missed Ralegh's advise on this.

-750 moral! [X(]

I've never seen my enemies have this low of moral but I aim too.

Please excuse this nobee "duh's"

[:o] [8|]
I Game I Saw I Conquered

--Shine On --Shine On --
- Procol Harum
Grand_Armee

Post by Grand_Armee »

Budg,
    The AI will always make war on the player who is in the lead no matter how smiley their face is.  3 million diplomats won't make a difference.
     If you ever had the chance to play the boardgame Empires in Arms (7-players with diplomatic options), you'll see that once France is knocked down, everyone gangs up on the next leader.  Ericbabe has figured this into the AI. 
     Unlike an AI who cannot sense that it has no chance, a human player who has no chance won't stick his head into the Lion's mouth.  If you really want to have fun Budgie, find human opponents.
     Quick battles become easy once your army is teched up against the AI, so the game becomes boring.  ...as any game will when a completely devious mind is lacking from the other side.
     I've been playing TCP/IP games for months, and it is many times better than playing the AI.  The hardest thing to do is find guys who you can meet regularly.
     In a one-vs-one TCP/IP game, you usually end up with two large empires that fight big battles against each other, both sides being highly upgraded.
     I had one that went through a 23 years, with Prussia conquering everything.  There were some technical difficulties here and there...but it was a great game. 
Budgie

Post by Budgie »

[8D] 
Grand: Once, two weeks before we were to start another game of EiA (we had bid for next games nation at the end of the previous game).  I was phoned by 5 of the nations in Europe and they all dictated to me their terms for my surrender.

They had all decided to gang up on me prior to the game start.

I was to be France.

I made no deals and beat all of their sorry little asses (sorry meant to write armies) back into their hidey holes. And kept them there till game end.

Thanks for the reminder. The weasel who masterminded that diplomatic coalition

Is my best mate and him and I now play COG LAN against each other and he still spends more time writing treaties than actually fighting.

As well he had better. He needs the assistance!

But!!!

I hate still being ganged on.

I Game I Saw I Conquered

--Shine On --Shine On --
- Procol Harum
Russian Guard

Post by Russian Guard »

Perhaps it would be fair to say that the AI in this game, then, is actually smarter than the historical rulers of the period.

After all, had they all ganged up on Nappy early, some of them would not have been under his boot for the better part of 10 years.

But then we wouldn't have this fun game to play either, since Napoleon's legacy would be "the Frenchman who got crushed in 1805 by all of Europe" [:D]

Return to “Limited Beta Feedback”