Bugs

Post bug reports and other issues here.
Matto

Bugs

Post by Matto »

Playing huge campaign like Coalition

1. After taking Vienna Austria surrendered ... I'm missing one Russian unit located on the hex next Vienna .. this unit disappeared
2. After Austria surrender I placed produced Austria unit near Vienna ... this unit is still visible for me, but cannot move with it
3. Austria start revolt ... so new Austria unit is created in Vienna ... but old Austria unit is still unable to move ... cannot do anything with it
4. I moved Russian units west of Vienna and then moved new Austria unit from Vienna ... next turn Vienna surrendeder (I'm sure, no France unit entered Vienna) and again ... all my Russian unit on hexes next to Vienna disappeared !!! Old Austria unit, located on hex next Vienna too didn't disappeared and just moved one hex next ... I still cannot do anything with this unit
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

Erik Rutins

RE: Bugs

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Matto
1. After taking Vienna Austria surrendered ... I'm missing one Russian unit located on the hex next Vienna .. this unit disappeared

It should be in your force pool.
2. After Austria surrender I placed produced Austria unit near Vienna ... this unit is still visible for me, but cannot move with it

That area is for Austria to rebuild its forces, but it can't do anything with them until it revolts.
3. Austria start revolt ... so new Austria unit is created in Vienna ... but old Austria unit is still unable to move ... cannot do anything with it

That sounds like a bug to me - hopefully Johan can comment on this. Keep the save if you still have it.
4. I moved Russian units west of Vienna and then moved new Austria unit from Vienna ... next turn Vienna surrendeder (I'm sure, no France unit entered Vienna) and again ... all my Russian unit on hexes next to Vienna disappeared !!! Old Austria unit, located on hex next Vienna too didn't disappeared and just moved one hex next ... I still cannot do anything with this unit

Definitely keep this save. Did you check your force pool?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Matto

Post by Matto »

So you are true ... forces are in pool ... another problem, that without attached generals ...
And deployed unit during vassal state of Austria is still unable to move ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

Matto

Post by Matto »

firepowerjohan

Post by firepowerjohan »

1. Foreign unit adjacent to Capital land currently surrender, might be changed in a patch.
2. Unless ZOC prevented their moves, they shoudl be able to move. I bet you had a militia and some enemy was nearby pus that you had no clear terrain hex (=1 movement) to moving into?
3. Countries may surrender if they are very weakened and have no fresh unit defending the Capital. This rule will probably change in a patch to make it more obvious. The reason to this rule is to avoid exploits where you surround enemy Capital without conquering it to prevent future revolts!
4. The rule about foreign units surrendering when adjacent to the Capital will be less of an issue if countries do not surrender too easily too (see 3)
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead developer of:
World Empires Live http://www.worldempireslive.com/
CEAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18
CNAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52

Sgt.Fury25

Post by Sgt.Fury25 »

Hi,playing as France I notice that as my supply ships from the west get attacked a white display box appears at the upper left it flickers but i see no words,Otherwise im liking it!
Matto

Post by Matto »

So I repeated my bug number 4. Austria revolted ... next turn I moved unit from Vienna out ... Austria surrendered to France (no French miles around) ... so it is a bug !

AlanG59

Post by AlanG59 »

Another minor Bug.... Playing the Tutorial scenario, I had the Italian infantry garrisoning Moscow. When I captured St Petersburg, and the Russians surrendered, the poor Italian infantry was gone forever.
AlanG59

Post by AlanG59 »

Oh;  and I get that same flicker that Ronson talked about

xriz

RE: Bugs- supplying through ships

Post by xriz »

Playing the Campaign I noticed when invading Sicly that even though I had navel units next to my land units on the island, the land units were still out of supply. In the manuel it says ships are suppose to act as minor supply point but in game when units should be getting that minimual supply the game says they are out of supply.
xriz

RE: Bugs- Vassel capitals

Post by xriz »

I've noticed when a defeated country becomes a vassel state, the surendered capital looks like you should be able to station unit in the cities hex while the vassle state can place a unit around the out side of the capital. But in practice you can not move units into the city untill a revolt starts.

So, are we suppose to be able to station a unit in a vassel states capital? If not why does it show the capitals city hex as a vaild hex surrounded by allied state hexes you can not enter.
firepowerjohan

RE: Bugs- Vassel capitals

Post by firepowerjohan »

ORIGINAL: xriz

I've noticed when a defeated country becomes a vassel state, the surendered capital looks like you should be able to station unit in the cities hex while the vassle state can place a unit around the out side of the capital. But in practice you can not move units into the city untill a revolt starts.

So, are we suppose to be able to station a unit in a vassel states capital? If not why does it show the capitals city hex as a vaild hex surrounded by allied state hexes you can not enter.

These are design decisions. For Victory Point reason, the Capital should be owned by the conqueror. For gameplay reason, there has to be some safe haven for the Vassal in which they can deploy units else their revolt would be only a surrounded Capital and a one turn defeat.

For reasons, the Vassal Capital has to be empty since it is anyway taken over by the revolters so would be odd to have a unit surrender there costing the occupiers and causing angry players.

All in all, this current system is the most fair system and the visible hexes is just colors on a map so now that you know how it works it should not upset you [:)]

Naval shipping supplies are not in used in the game, that must be a miss print in the manual a lef over from the good old WW2 days of Commander Europe at War.

Since units maintain supplies for more than one turn, the naval invasion rules could be removed causing once again naval invasions to be tricky tasks. You need to conquer a city to get supply long term.
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead developer of:
World Empires Live http://www.worldempireslive.com/
CEAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18
CNAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52

Return to “Tech Support”