Post by Blueprint »

For press reviews:

http://www.ageod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80

http://www.ageod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79

http://www.ageod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161

http://www.ageod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80

The Award list

http://www.ageod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116

nuff said patching a game doesn't signify the game to be unplayable but just there's room for improvment. For my own, I never got a CTD with any AGEOD product, even with WW1 ( but I've without doubt be very lucky on this one)
Stwa

RE: 1.04 Xmas update...updates?

Post by Stwa »

Well, this has been an interesting conversation to say the least. Overdone as usual by all the participants (including moi). Just when you think its really getting deep, it gets deeper. Well, I'm putting on the super flame and water resistent high hip fishing waders to get out of this thread.

That patch word sure doesn't mean what it used to in the 70's does it?
dunnsa

Post by dunnsa »

ORIGINAL: Stwa

<snip>

That patch word sure doesn't mean what it used to in the 70's does it?

the patches I dealt with in the 70's were worn on the sleeve of your surplus field jacket....[8|]
AGEOD Volunteer
Visit the AGE Wiki at http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

I already illustrated MY OPINION as regard reviews, ("official" and player ones!):
http://www.ageod.com/forums/showpost.ph ... ostcount=8

But all, I'm, as most other here, a gamer not a producer or a professional reviewer: I mostly trust players for reasons I detaild.
Indeed are players to buy games not reviewer!

GShock

Post by GShock »

Replacements are only needed for missing elements.
Weakened [hits, not sunk] Naval units should gain strength if left in port with no need for replacements.
Often takes a few turns.

As far as i can tell with my 10 minute experience with 1.04 but the much longer one with previous patches, These replacements take much longer than "a few turns" they actually never came by...definitely not after a year wait and that's a fact in my experience. Since i analyze this game scenario by scenario, this might be a problem related to this scenario only. Major bug reports were sent for other scenarios and most things fixed or heavy glitches de-aggravated consistently so far.
&nbsp;
Considering that naval blockades allow the stop of supplies, and are mandatory if you want to capture a settlement like Louisburg (where over 900 enemy combat factors reside) you need to blockade it (and siege it of course) ...but u simply can't hold the blockade for a year because the attrition and weather will sink the whole fleet.

Conversely, you may send some ships (enough to blockade the water zone) and send them back to port once attrition becomes dangerous, replacing them with others ...but since the repairs never take place, the whole fleet ultimately is sunk (this time not all together but segment to segment).

Now this attitude with denying bugs, blaming misunderstandment of rules, fake reports, second reasons behind reports (not to add slandering, harassing, insulting and issuing personal threats to people who just want to help) and so on is the autoevident reason why i chose a different method to help AgeOD bypassing you volounteers.

I can understand the job of volounteers is huge. Nobody knows better than I.
These games are flawed by countless bugs and glitches and that's because they are very complex, not because the people behind them are inept. All i wish for the future is a different attitude on behalf of the volounteers: with 10 volounteers you find more bugs than with just 5 but if one is helping you and you make him waste time (with the aforementioned attitude) it's obvious he'll not edit a post which costs his place for the simple reason he's had enough of you.

Mistreating former volounteers now regular customers doesn't help the game at all. Look into this scenario and find out how long it takes for ships to be repaired (mind that ship replacements to be bought are NOT present on a yearly basis, which means CURRENTLY in this scenario the naval blockades are totally impossible) if they get repaired at all because it's of the utmost importance.

PS when this was reported (and we're talking of 1 month ago) i was told: The historical data team will look into it and come with a solution.

The way i see things at work in this scenario tells me this has been overlooked, again, and i prompt you to investigate on my reports in a more concrete, pragmatic and discrete way... the same discretion is used for the very same reports.
If the Lead Dev acknowledges an issue, whoever it comes from, subordinates can not change the fact that the issue is present.
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

ORIGINAL: JastaV
That's because AGEod is used to publish beta-development state games![:(]
I bought BOA, AACW, NCP, WIA, WW1: none of them was stable at time I firstly played it.
(..)
JastaV

AGEOD Team
Primasprit

Post by Primasprit »

Hi GShock!
ORIGINAL: GShock
Replacements are only needed for missing elements.
Weakened [hits, not sunk] Naval units should gain strength if left in port with no need for replacements.
Often takes a few turns.

As far as i can tell with my 10 minute experience with 1.04 but the much longer one with previous patches, These replacements take much longer than "a few turns" they actually never came by...definitely not after a year wait and that's a fact in my experience. Since i analyze this game scenario by scenario, this might be a problem related to this scenario only.
I run a test a few minutes ago and can happily report that naval replacements work. [:)]
I tested with the normal and the historical attrition setting. Ships were for repair in Boston.

This one was with historical attrition:
Turn 1:

Turn 2:

Turn 3:

If you experience something different I would need a savegame.

Cheers
Norbert [:)]
AGEOD Dev. Team
GShock

Post by GShock »

That's very good news indeed Norbert.&nbsp;[:)]
I suppose things have changed with 1.04 or there's a missing point in the rules but in order to ascertain what has really happened, you'd need to do the same test in Halifax and see if ships are repaired there I am positive in 1.03 they definitely didn't get repaired at all. Might be that Halifax is not an obj or strategic town and that's why they didn't get repaired there? If so, such important detail should be mentioned in the rules. Odd enough Halifax is a main port for the british in this scenario...troops and supplies are often shipped there so it should work the same (Actually i don't remember atm but i think it is a strat/obj town).
Is it possible that Halifax has problems because of that hidden raider unit? This is really a big issue coming to solution so i am very happy to see it worked in Boston. [:)]
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
Primasprit

Post by Primasprit »

I tested with Halifax and it worked too. [:)]

To recover health you need:

1. A harbour. The harbour level influences the recovery rate.

2. Some Supply. So if you have a huge army in a city which consumes all supply, there might be not enough left for your ships.

Cheers
Norbert
AGEOD Dev. Team
Primasprit

Post by Primasprit »

Is it possible that Halifax has problems because of that hidden raider unit?
No, they should cause no trouble in this case.

Cheers
Norbert
AGEOD Dev. Team
GShock

Post by GShock »

Then definitely something was fixed in 1.04 which i could not ascertain having stopped at the supply unit bug i reported DEC 28th.
Nothing up to this day until next release. Thanks for your time. [:)]
Primasprit

Post by Primasprit »

ORIGINAL: GShock

Then definitely something was fixed in 1.04 which i could not ascertain having stopped at the supply unit bug i reported DEC 28th. [...]
Better to double-check than let a forgotten/overlooked bug survive. [:)]
AGEOD Dev. Team
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

So it's clear now: AGEod publish its game to collect ribbons and critic awards![X(]

I'm sorry, I was thinking you were working to have products bought by gamers![:D]
Indeed now things are a bit more clear..... Players reviews and scores sentence customers do not trust AGEod games; top net game sellers as Play.com are offering WW1 and WIA undercost, probably because customers do not buy your products.
But that will not a trouble for you: your showcase is filled with international awards![&o]

Gray_Lensman

Post by Gray_Lensman »

ORIGINAL: JastaV

So it's clear now: AGEod publish its game to collect ribbons and critic awards![X(]

I'm sorry, I was thinking you were working to have products bought by gamers![:D]
Indeed now things are a bit more clear..... Players reviews and scores sentence customers do not trust AGEod games; top net game sellers as Play.com are offering WW1 and WIA undercost, probably because customers do not buy your products.
But that will not a trouble for you: your showcase is filled with international awards![&o]

Perfect example of a Troll post.
You've GOT to hold them back!
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

Could be,

But the award thingy is starting to lose its luster for moi anyway. There are so many of em, and it just doens't seem as credible as it did in the past.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Tech Support”