Why can't I withdraw these ships from Sydney?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Nezlezar

Why can't I withdraw these ships from Sydney?

Post by Nezlezar »

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding something from the manual, but I can't withdraw SS KX or CL Dragon from Sydney. They are fully repaired, not in a TF or being repaired either.

6.9 Withdrawal
To reflect the desperate need for combat ships in the Atlantic Theater by the Allied side, the player will need to
periodically withdraw certain US and British ships from the game. The withdrawal date for each ship is set within the
editor. There is a Political Point penalty for failure to withdraw a ship when scheduled. To withdraw a ship, the ship must
be in any off-map port, Any on map level 9 port, The National home ports of the U.S. (San Francisco), Canada
(Vancouver), India (Karachi), Australia (Sydney), or New Zealand (Wellington), Any on map level 7 port located on the
U.S. or Canadian West Coast, SouthEast Australia (Perth is included), New Zealand, Ceylon, or Indian West Coast. If
these conditions are met there will be an option on the ship detail screen that allows for Withdraw Ship to be selected. If
the ship is scheduled to return to the Pacific Theater, the ship will return on its Return Date as a reinforcement.
A few other withdrawal conditions are as follows:
● Total ship damage doesn’t exceed 99 adding System, Float and Engine damage together.
● Damage to any single component is less than 50.
● Is not in an offline state for repair, conversion/refit.
Admiral DadMan

Re: Why can't I withdraw these ships from Sydney?

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Pics help.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
dcpollay

Post by dcpollay »

How long have the ships been in Sydney? It might take a turn for them to register once they arrive.

Run another turn and see if they will withdraw. If not, as the Admiral says, screenshots of the ship screens might help.
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Without pictures all we can do is guess. But if the combination of all damage is over 50, or if the Japanese player has air superiority, they will not withdraw....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

btd64 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:51 pm ---if the Japanese player has air superiority, they will not withdraw....GP
Odd. That's in the patch notes but not the updated manual. Maybe it was overlooked?
Ships may not be withdrawn from any on-map location where the enemy has air superiority.
Nezlezar

Post by Nezlezar »

dcpollay wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:31 pm How long have the ships been in Sydney? It might take a turn for them to register once they arrive.

Run another turn and see if they will withdraw. If not, as the Admiral says, screenshots of the ship screens might help.
It was this (sort of). They had been in port for a while but for some reason could not withdraw until they were overdue one day. I ran the turn once after the due date and it let me withdraw them.

Thanks!
Nezlezar

Post by Nezlezar »

btd64 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:51 pm Without pictures all we can do is guess. But if the combination of all damage is over 50, or if the Japanese player has air superiority, they will not withdraw....GP
No button to withdraw but it is due today. Date is 07/15/42. Ship has been in port for many days.
ss1.png
ss1.png (240.64 KiB) Viewed 315 times
Overdue and now I can withdraw. Date is 07/16/42. 10 PP penalty.
ss2.png
ss2.png (242.42 KiB) Viewed 315 times
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

Nezlezar wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:23 am No button to withdraw but it is due today. Date is 07/15/42. Ship has been in port for many days.
Overdue and now I can withdraw. Date is 07/16/42. 10 PP penalty.
That does seem strange. If a ship is due to withdraw and it's in the right port you should have an active withdraw button showing at the bottom of the screen even if the withdrawal date is literally years away.

Gar.jpg
Gar.jpg (295.44 KiB) Viewed 301 times
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Platoonist wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:06 pm
btd64 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:51 pm ---if the Japanese player has air superiority, they will not withdraw....GP
Odd. That's in the patch notes but not the updated manual. Maybe it was overlooked?
Ships may not be withdrawn from any on-map location where the enemy has air superiority.
I miss that one and probably several others....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

btd64 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:48 am
Platoonist wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:06 pm
I miss that one and probably several others....GP
Which is one reason why the beta update is taking so long to finish, so many things to check.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
&#8213; Julia Child

Rogue188

Post by Rogue188 »

I thought ships could only be withdrawn from Karachi or San Francisco.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Rogue188 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:25 pm I thought ships could only be withdrawn from Karachi or San Francisco.
Read the patch notes....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

Rogue188 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:25 pm I thought ships could only be withdrawn from Karachi or San Francisco.
When the game was first released in 2009 to withdraw a ship, it had to be either off-map or at any national home base except in the NEI or Philippines.

Section 6.9 has been updated a lot since then.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”