Attack Report Anomaly

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
rhinobones

Attack Report Anomaly

Post by rhinobones »

I’m playing a game against the PO and during the PO’s turn a message appeared which I haven’t seen before. Towards the end of the PO’s turn (the Royal Hellenic turn) the attack report screen states that the attack will continue to rounds 16 and 17. Nothing unusual happened after the report was closed and the game went on normally.

Has anyone seen a report like this or know what “continue to round X” means?

Regards, RhinoBones
Attachments
PO Attack Continued.jpg
PO Attack Continued.jpg (160.7 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
ncc1701e

Re: Attack Report Anomaly

Post by ncc1701e »

First time I am seeing this.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

ncc1701e wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:17 pm First time I am seeing this.
I'm guessing that something is happening under the hood that developers use for testing/troubleshooting. The text string wasn't meant for players but was inadvertently left in the code. But that's just my guess.

Regrds
Colin Wright:

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I've seen a lot of those. But then I'm using the baby versions ( just out of the oven ) .....I didn't know it was in the 4.1.0.40 as well.
army-bomb-fight-film-army-fighting-haters.gif
army-bomb-fight-film-army-fighting-haters.gif (665.04 KiB) Viewed 336 times
A computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

larryfulkerson wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:53 am I've seen a lot of those. But then I'm using the baby versions ( just out of the oven ) .....I didn't know it was in the 4.1.0.40 as well.
So what is it? Does it mean anything to the player? You're a member of the secret society, ask your buddies. Ask Bobby.
Colin Wright:

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Hey there Steve. My mom passed away yesterday about noon. She didn't struggle and had no pain....she just quit breathing. I'm glad she went that way because it was actually a good thing because of all the struggles she was going through the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, the message about the attacking continuing on past the single round expected means that there's a chance that more than one round will be subtracted from the time remaining. For example it might jump from round 1 to round 3 or 4 depending on how long the attack actually took. And when it happens to the enemy it's a good thing but if it's one of your attacks you may have just wasted a round or two from your turn. Usually it doesn't really matter to the course of the war all things considered.

Thank you Steve dude, for all the things you do for the community and the game itself. It's not going unnoticed.
учение-войници.gif
учение-войници.gif (1.54 MiB) Viewed 319 times
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

You’ve been your mother’s caretaker ever since I met you. Must have been a real burden, but as you say, in some ways it’s a relief for both of you. All the same, truly sorry for your loss.
larryfulkerson wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:34 pm It's not going unnoticed.
Oh-oh! Does this mean I’m still a douchebag?

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:

Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

larryfulkerson wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:34 pm Hey there Steve. My mom passed away yesterday about noon. She didn't struggle and had no pain....she just quit breathing. I'm glad she went that way because it was actually a good thing because of all the struggles she was going through the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, the message about the attacking continuing on past the single round expected means that there's a chance that more than one round will be subtracted from the time remaining. For example it might jump from round 1 to round 3 or 4 depending on how long the attack actually took. And when it happens to the enemy it's a good thing but if it's one of your attacks you may have just wasted a round or two from your turn. Usually it doesn't really matter to the course of the war all things considered.

Thank you Steve dude, for all the things you do for the community and the game itself. It's not going unnoticed.
учение-войници.gif
Sorry for your loss, Larry.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Curtis Lemay wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:55 am Sorry for your loss, Larry.
I would take a day off but my D21 game is calling me. I loaned my mom my old computer when I upgraded about two months ago and now that mom doesn't need it any longer I got it back and now I'm running two computers simultaneously. I'm going to see if I can find an Ethernet cable long enough to hook both computers together. Smallest LAN in the world. I'm using Stable-Diffusion to create images from text on one computer and playing D21 on the other. Best of both worlds. Fuck taking a day off.....I've got stuff to do.
soldier-recruit.gif
soldier-recruit.gif (330.67 KiB) Viewed 291 times

Return to “Tech Support”