Graphic Mod - "Best of both Worlds"

Graphics, sound, and database mods.

Scenarios should still be posted in the main 'Mods and Scenarios' forum below
Telumar

RE: Graphic Mod - "Best of both Worlds"

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: jmlima

Looks amazing, great work.

Thanks. But it would not have been possible without Cabido's original graphics, credits go to him as well.
countrboy

Post by countrboy »

Hi Telumar,

I downloaded your files and extracted them into \Graphics Override but nothing changed. I also renamed the three files you pointed out. I must be doing something wrong.

Do I put the two folders 'Blue Gui' and 'Map' into \Graphics Override ....or do I put the contents of those folders in there? Do I need to start a new game?
Thanks.
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: countrboy

Hi Telumar,

I downloaded your files and extracted them into \Graphics Override but nothing changed. I also renamed the three files you pointed out. I must be doing something wrong.

Do I put the two folders 'Blue Gui' and 'Map' into \Graphics Override ....or do I put the contents of those folders in there? Do I need to start a new game?
Thanks.

You put the content of the folder(s) into \Graphics Override. If you do this while running TOAW, press Ctrl+R to refresh the graphics.
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

Sir:

I like the font set up I am currently using, but would like to change to the blue background. Is there a setting in the Opart 4 Font ini that I can set to accomplish that limited change? Thanks
TomC
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: tcarusil

Sir:

I like the font set up I am currently using, but would like to change to the blue background. Is there a setting in the Opart 4 Font ini that I can set to accomplish that limited change? Thanks
TomC

Do I understand you right: You want to keep your own map fonts while using my GUI fonts?

If so, there is no quick fix or fast way to do this. Load both, your and my Opart font ini, into a text editor and do a copy and paste operation. Just copy all versions of your placename fonts (1-4 in huge, normal and small) over mine. That should do the trick I think.
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

I apologize if I was not clear. What I am trying to replicate is the background for the various reports. See the Unit Report earlier in this string (post #1). What setting results in the background color for the report. Currently I have a light tan background. I am not really concerned with the fonts, but just the background. I hope I am making sense and not rambling. Thank you for you help.

TomC
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

Boy, am I an idiot. I downloaded the wrong file. Got it squared away. Sorry to have bothered you.

TomC
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

I see you are using Telumar's blue GUI. It appears to me though that Telumar's, shown in post #1 above is transparent (you can see the map behind the box), while in your AAR it appears to be opaque (you can not see the map behind the box). Is there a change or setting that you used to accomplish the opaque view? Thanks.

TomC
Hellen_slith

Post by Hellen_slith »

I think it might be the "Background is Opaque?" option in file menu "Play --> Player Options" then on page 2.

Mine is set to "ON" so the backgrounds are opaque? Does that do it?
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

Unfortunately, that did not do it.

So I started guessing. I wish there was a index or list of what the various options and fonts controlled.

I discovered that in file menu "Play --> Player Options" then on page 2, there is a setting called Out Background Alpha. It has a range of settings from 0 to 255. My was set at 210. I changed it to 255 and the map was no longer visible under the report screens.

There were some other options listed with this, but after changing them, I could not figure out what they did.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond.

TomC
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

Thank you for pointing this out. I will keep it marked so I will know where to find it in the future.

TomC
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

Added s_unitviewnew.png to the GUI files in the download on the first page of the thread.

For those of you who have already downloaded the GUI Mod, I attached the missing file to this post (so you don't need to download the entire package a second time).
Attachments
s_UnitviewNew.zip
(14.31 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Dave25210

Post by Dave25210 »

Thanks guys! Fantastic mod! Love the look of these maps, this is what I've been waiting for since I installed
the game, mod changed the experience for me entirely. I actually enjoy TOAW now :)

BTW, I modified the counters background to go along with these beautiful maps, wanted more flat and clean feel,
so I removed the 3D look of them, sample below, can post the modded files if anyone interested.

Attachments
TOAWArden..ghcrop1.jpg
TOAWArden..ghcrop1.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 945 times
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

That looks really great, Dave! [:D]

Telumar should incorporate those in the mod as well, they go really well with the map.

Please post the mod files [&o]
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
Dave25210

Post by Dave25210 »

Thanks Shadrach, glad to hear you like them too, here are those two files, installing to
My Games\TOAW\Graphics Override works fine...
Attachments
FlatCounters.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
gRaider2001

Post by gRaider2001 »

Thanks for the mod. I just installed and they look greet!
"I will write of him who fights and vanquishes his sins, who struggles on through weary years against himself … and wins." -Caroline Begelow Lerow
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: Dave25210

Thanks guys! Fantastic mod! Love the look of these maps, this is what I've been waiting for since I installed
the game, mod changed the experience for me entirely. I actually enjoy TOAW now :)

BTW, I modified the counters background to go along with these beautiful maps, wanted more flat and clean feel,
so I removed the 3D look of them, sample below, can post the modded files if anyone interested.

I am glad you like the mod :) I have a less brighter version in the making, i think i will incoorperate your Unit Counter Mod or a modification of it in the final version if i have your permission.
jmlima

Post by jmlima »

Worth pointing out that (on my system) this mod (the text and font side of it) has got problems with the latest beta patch (the text on the info bar at the bottom of the screen is either very cropped, or even missing).
Dave25210

Post by Dave25210 »

ORIGINAL: Telumar

ORIGINAL: Dave25210

I am glad you like the mod :) I have a less brighter version in the making, i think i will incoorperate your Unit Counter Mod or a modification of it in the final version if i have your permission.
Hello Telumar,

looking forward for darker version too, admire your work, keep going!...especially after I attempted modding maps and game elements, I realized how much work and patience it actually involves.
Also,glad to hear you like my humble counters mod, feel free to integrate/modify it into your large mod. Also, a while ago I made a slightly cleaned up version (few pixels here and there..)as well as rectangle version,
Im attaching both new versions in archive below.

Attachments
flatcountersv2.zip
(9.3 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Return to “Mods”