17th Century mod beta version!

Post your customer scenarios here and ask questions about scenario design and modding.
SmickeyMcgee

17th Century mod beta version!

Post by SmickeyMcgee »

This is a mod adding a number of Pike and Shot units from 17th century Europe. It's got various generic euro units as well as a number of unique Eastern units as well. Polish commonwealth, cossacks, ottoman empire, Austrians and all the other powers involved in West and East Europe. Ive tried using mixed units of Pike/Firearm and it seems to work alright. Mod needs some work but i wanted to see if anyone was interested first so i thought i'd upload my work so far to see what people think. All the units replace existing units in the default Field of Glory images files (which are redundant if you own the expansions) and the immortal fire Indian-Classical, and Egyptian-Ancient folders. No other files are effected. I included a basic scenario file with all the armies in it and with my own stats and names so you can just copy paste then edit the copied scenario in the editor to make your own battles. If anyone tries this please, give some feedback as this is my first mod and i'd like to know if it actually works :)
Just finished adding the edited unit images into FOG so that they can be used in the editor. Still trying to figure out if i can edit DAG lists. Anyway i included the files, instructions and credits for the resources i used in the file listed below.
DOWNLOAD=http://www.mediafire.com/?wwtmoii3tbry4hk

Attachments
Capture21.jpg
Capture21.jpg (314.31 KiB) Viewed 307 times
TheGrayMouser

RE: 17th Century mod beta version!

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Looks interesting!

I downloaded but have not installed yet.  There are no "formations" text files anywhere in your d/l per the install instructions, just the image folders....

I suggest you post this over at Slitherine as well, I think a lot more players check iin over there vs matrix.
SmickeyMcgee

Post by SmickeyMcgee »

Oh crap your right! sorry bout that, i edited my post to show a new DL link with the formation files included in the download, cant believe i missed that :( anyway should all be there now.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Very cool - any chance of shadows - it wil really help tie the men to the landscape.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
pomakli

Post by pomakli »

Hi!

Great work!

How did you create them?

Pom

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”