The "Indestructible Space Slug of Araxas ?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Macclan5

The "Indestructible Space Slug of Araxas ?

Post by Macclan5 »

Curious if anyone has encountered the ‘Indestructible Space Slug’ before? Re spawns.

Not game breaking or even an issue now. A chuckle actually.

Wondered if it is ‘something I set in buttons’ not knowing – or something more I should do or check.

--

Game Settings:

Normal difficulty
8X8 and 700 stars
Double Spiral
Enforce colonization limits
Human
Space monsters ‘few’ on slider IIRC
Space pirates ‘weak’ and no not re-spawn after defeated.
Giant Kaltor ‘off’ IIRC
Further in Empire Policy – upon new Colonization – Build Small Spaceport - always.

System:

Araxas – although likely unimportant – randomly generated. But for disclosure - South of "Sol" on the screen.
5 planets
2 colonies – Araxas 5 and “insert moon name”
One moon based and assimilated hither to unknown race
One Continental Planet – Araxas 5
Both Colonies settled by way of Colony utility
Asteroid Belt with 2 Space Slugs noted ‘after’ the establishment of the colonies (my bad)
Took a fleet and finally destroyed the 2 Space Slugs in the Asteroid Belt

Issue:

Space Slug keeps ‘respawning’ on top of Continental Planet – Araxas 5 - and attacking merchants and destroying “Small Space port” in Building stages. Merchants flee.
Notice ‘pop up – periodically – Merchant XXX attacked’

Solved for:

Parked “1st Imperial Fleet of Humanity at Araxas 5 to kill every re-spawn.
Brought in construction ship and built Powerful Defensive Base firstly
Now the Defensive base kills the spawn immediately
Then built the Space Port and other improvements subsequently including recruiting troops and a Terra-forming utility

However my friendly slug still shows up once every year or so to quickly die (IIRC) [8D]
A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
Macclan5

RE: The "Indestructible Space Slug of Araxas ?

Post by Macclan5 »

Potentially withdrawn - sorry

As I "reread" the player manual - I now wonder if this is a "Sand Slug" or a series of Sand Slugs.

My memory may be wrong - may be a dessert world - and perhaps I did not have garrison troops there - and I had not killed the entire population off ??

Learning ? Need to check my game facts first [8D]
A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
Kull

RE: The "Indestructible Space Slug of Araxas ?

Post by Kull »

Yes, it's a Sand Slug, and they always respawn on worlds containing Korabbian Spice. If you want to build a space port there, you'll need to park some attack frigates on the planet at least until the port is built. After that, it should be able to defend itself, although you'll be repairing it frequently.
jayman

Re: RE: The

Post by jayman »

Kull wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:04 pm Yes, it's a Sand Slug, and they always respawn on worlds containing Korabbian Spice. If you want to build a space port there, you'll need to park some attack frigates on the planet at least until the port is built. After that, it should be able to defend itself, although you'll be repairing it frequently.
I had one of those worlds and renamed it 'Arrakis' as a nod to 'Dune'. Maybe the game designer is a Dune fan?
GalacticMariner

Re: The

Post by GalacticMariner »

Later in the game after I get tractor beams and repair bots, I make a separate mining station with tractor beams, two repair bots, and a weapon or two which I name Korabbian Mining Station. The tractor beams keep the worm away from the station while the weapons take it out. The station very rarely gets damaged.

Return to “Tech Support”